So after seeing how Cortana can be integrated into applications developed for Windows 10, it got me thinking...

Will BlackBerry develop a Windows 10 version of BlackBerry Blend incorporating Cortana integration?
    Imagine being able to send an SMS, BBM, or do any number of Blend tasks, using voice on your Windows device while your BlackBerry is tucked away in your pocket.

Of course, most of us waiting on official carrier OS releases in the U.S. still don't even have a version of BlackBerry 10 that supports Blend, so this is dreaming on top of dreaming.
    05-03-15 07:40 PM
    I like the idea...
    05-04-15 02:32 AM
    Or you can just buy a Windows phone

Z10 10.3.2.500
    05-14-15 07:55 AM
    Or you can just buy a Windows phone

Z10 10.3.2.500
    He's not just talking phone. W10 is for desktop, console, phone, IoT. Heck if you have a spare raspberry pi - add W10.

If it's a universal app (blend) you could run it on your xbox one next year if you wish . It has a scary potential.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Nharzhool and vjfratiani like this.
    05-14-15 09:22 AM
    Integration with PC operating systems is going to have the most potential for the platforms that are actually developed and maintained by the same company: iOS <-> OS X; Windows 10; Android <-> Chrome OS. The deeper the integration the easier it is to unintentionally break non-native integration with an update. Microsoft has said that Windows 10 will be the last version of Windows. From now on there will be incremental updates pushed out on a regular schedule.
    05-14-15 09:46 AM
    Integration with PC operating systems is going to have the most potential for the platforms that are actually developed and maintained by the same company: iOS <-> OS X; Windows 10; Android <-> Chrome OS. The deeper the integration the easier it is to unintentionally break non-native integration with an update. Microsoft has said that Windows 10 will be the last version of Windows. From now on there will be incremental updates pushed out on a regular schedule.
    I disagree. Adobe develops for Windows and you don't see Microsoft breaking Photoshop because it competes with Paint.

The other benefit to Windows 10 is that developer applications published to the Windows Store will be able to run in a silo. Win32 programs will be able to run without screwing up registry settings or altering the OS. Really handy. I installed BlackBerry Desktop Software once when I was on BBOS 7 and it broke my .mkv directshow filter in Windows Media Player.

Weird ghosts in the machine can realistically become a thing of the past. I hope BlackBerry embraces it to the max.
    05-18-15 12:45 AM
    I disagree. Adobe develops for Windows and you don't see Microsoft breaking Photoshop because it competes with Paint.

The other benefit to Windows 10 is that developer applications published to the Windows Store will be able to run in a silo. Win32 programs will be able to run without screwing up registry settings or altering the OS. Really handy. I installed BlackBerry Desktop Software once when I was on BBOS 7 and it broke my .mkv directshow filter in Windows Media Player.

Weird ghosts in the machine can realistically become a thing of the past. I hope BlackBerry embraces it to the max.
    Sorry, man...you're misunderstanding Microsoft's involvement in the application update process. Also misunderstanding what the guy you quoted said...He wasn't claiming that companies like MS purposely break applications not made by them (Though Apple did this with the font thing on iOS BBM in 2013). It's important to note that Microsoft and Apple are very different companies - it's evident in the way that the founders spend their free time (or rather did, in the case of Jobs), since they purposely put their spirit into the way their companies were run.

Anyway, it's more like Adobe accidentally break Photoshop because they didn't work properly with the OS. I know that there is a list of Applications that Microsoft themselves have fixed because they didn't play well with the OS (through no fault of the OS). If anybody can remember what it is called and where to find it, please post it here. Hopefully I will find it again (maybe I saved it on my PC)...I think I got it from my Microsoft training.

I know that Adobe CS is listed in there, as well as iTunes, BB Link, BB DS, games (so many games) etc. I think far too many people give Microsoft grief over too many things...I blame Internet Explorer, haha.
    08-08-15 07:06 AM
    He's not just talking phone. W10 is for desktop, console, phone, IoT. Heck if you have a spare raspberry pi - add W10.

If it's a universal app (blend) you could run it on your xbox one next year if you wish . It has a scary potential.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Genisys is Skynet

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-08-15 05:53 PM