Everyone know s or should if your getting a Blackberry and you have a Mac its gone suck.
    I upgraded to os lion 10.7.2 installed vmware fusion 4 that works with Lion . So I sync my BB using windows and my contacts will be in Groups and I can also install BB beta OS
    10-19-11 09:06 AM
    If you expected more than what you got from the Mac Desktop Manager that is your fault for not reading what you were getting from the software. That's like complaining that you can't make a spreadsheet in Photoshop.
    It was not that long ago that Mac users did not even have a Desktop Manager and were using The Missing Sync to get things done. I think you had misplaced expectations, and honestly RIM has been pretty regular with updates, I was happily surprised to see the wifi music syncing.
    If you join the Beta program you can also get ahead of the game and see what is being developed and take part in the improvements. I know it's easier to just complain, but you could be part of the solution if you choose to.
    I know I should have just ignored this post, and moved along, but I'm sick of people who just complain and never contribute or try to work out solutions. Sorry if I sound like a ****, I don't do this often but the horrible spelling and grammar sent me over the edge. I'll go yell at the kids to get off my lawn next time.
    jonmark, llch81 and MKDS like this.
    10-27-11 01:58 AM
    If you expected more than what you got from the Mac Desktop Manager that is your fault for not reading what you were getting from the software. That's like complaining that you can't make a spreadsheet in Photoshop.
    It was not that long ago that Mac users did not even have a Desktop Manager and were using The Missing Sync to get things done. I think you had misplaced expectations, and honestly RIM has been pretty regular with updates, I was happily surprised to see the wifi music syncing.
    If you join the Beta program you can also get ahead of the game and see what is being developed and take part in the improvements. I know it's easier to just complain, but you could be part of the solution if you choose to.
    I know I should have just ignored this post, and moved along, but I'm sick of people who just complain and never contribute or try to work out solutions. Sorry if I sound like a ****, I don't do this often but the horrible spelling and grammar sent me over the edge. I'll go yell at the kids to get off my lawn next time.

The information is very interesting. I like the post.
    05-16-12 03:49 AM
    The information is very interesting. I like the post.
    I don't know, I don't seem to have any issues syncing to my Blackberry to my Mac. When I had Windows XP, I didn't have any programs that would sync to the Blackberry, it required programs like Entourage or Outlook, programs you had to buy. When I moved to Mac, I was able to sync my address book, calendar, notepad and tasks all to programs that came with the Mac. I was happy to be able to sync everything. You do need to be smarter than the applications though and take precautions. There are potential problems when updating the OS on the phone or updating the DM. When you do an update it can mess up your sync, unless you take steps to prevent it. I sync before an update so that the computer contains all the information that the Blackberry does. After an update I sync again with the option, "Replace all entries on this Blackberry device." After that you will have no problems.

I also export my calendar, address book and archive my notes on the computer before a sync so that if anything happens, I still have a current copy of the data that can be restored.

I have set the DM to "This device is synchronized with other computers." It is safer.

Yes, the Windows DM has more capabilities, but the Mac DM works if used properly. My programs all sync fine and I didn't have to buy any more programs. I am not sure if Windows 7 has programs that sync using the DM. I would hope that by now Microsoft has included a decent Calendar that works with Blackberry instead of having to buy one of its bloated programs.
    05-17-12 03:20 PM
    Though the mac version does work, you would still need the windows version if you want to update your phone's OS to newer version. Carriers are often slow, whereas leaks are faster at obtaining the latest updates.

With windows you can also shrink OS to your liking. Overall, using a windows is still better.

I used to use vmware to run windows xp on my macbook pro, just to load OS. But for no apparently reason it decided not to work anymore and got stuck at the notorious "uploading RAM image".

I have since gave up on virtualisation. I popped in a spare HDD on another macbook, and just install windows xp on it. So now it is a macbook that can only run windows natively. haha. no more updating woes.
    05-18-12 12:26 AM
    .....hang on a mo. Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting what you are saying here. If I pay a lot of money for a product and that product fails to do what it could be reasonably expected to do, and I get upset about it, then it's MY fault for having the unrealistic expectation about the product that it will work? I shouldn't complain but try to find a solution for myself?! Just exactly where is RIMs and Apple's responsibility here. You can see from the volume of posts expressing unhappiness that this is not new and there is something amiss here.
    I know I should have just ignored your post and moved along along but I'm sick of huge multinational corporations who ignore the feedback of their consumers in search greater profits.
    05-18-12 02:36 AM
    I use the Mac for little things like photo transfers or music, if I need to do something bigger like a wipe or what not, I use the Windows computer. The Mac is just for my laziness, I guess.
    05-24-12 05:05 PM
    I'm frankly more bothered by the title comparison than by the spelling or grammar. I'm a big fan of oil and vinegar.
    MKDS likes this.
    07-29-12 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD