Reading online most of these errors are related to network drivers and antivirus. Dump files may be the only way to see what is causing it.
    Right now I'm trying with everything off... Kaspersky is off, disconnecting internet and cleaned whole PC out with CCleaner. Lets see what happens...

Can you read the logs by any chance?
    02-15-14 07:57 AM
    Reading online most of these errors are related to network drivers and antivirus. Dump files may be the only way to see what is causing it.
    I've lost the Internet... Connection has been reset. Normally a proxy issue but I have no proxies enabled!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:06 AM
    Right now I'm trying with everything off... Kaspersky is off, disconnecting internet and cleaned whole PC out with CCleaner. Lets see what happens...

Can you read the logs by any chance?
    I did read that Kaspersky, avast, McAfee and Norton all have caused the error.
    02-15-14 08:56 AM
    I did read that Kaspersky, avast, McAfee and Norton all have caused the error.
    Even with Kaspersky fully off, meaning all its addons and everything I get a BSOD. I never had this problem with older versions of BlackBerry Link.
    02-15-14 08:58 AM
    Even with Kaspersky fully off, meaning all its addons and everything I get a BSOD. I never had this problem with older versions of BlackBerry Link.
    Can you install it in safe mode?
    02-15-14 09:46 AM
    Unfortunately safe mode doesn't allow windows installer to run.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:41 AM
    Unfortunately safe mode doesn't allow windows installer to run.

Posted via CB10
    Everything I read points to a bad, old, corrupt driver or a hardware failure or antivirus. I guess it could be link but I would think everyone would get the error then.
    02-15-14 11:00 AM
    I currently have BlackBerry Link v. 1.2.2.13. It says I have the latest software when I search for updates in it. When I search in BBW for the newest version on my PC, Link doesn't show up at all. Not even in the "My World" section. How do I update Link now?

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    02-15-14 11:48 AM
    I currently have BlackBerry Link v. 1.2.2.13. It says I have the latest software when I search for updates in it. When I search in BBW for the newest version on my PC, Link doesn't show up at all. Not even in the "My World" section. How do I update Link now?

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...0E31AF7485EE07
    02-15-14 11:54 AM
    Thank you very much, kbz1960! :-)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-15-14 12:03 PM
    It's odd that link would slow your browsing down. There is no issue when link is uninstalled?
    Nope, absolutely not. And the funny thing is that the effect persist even after the uninstalling process is ALMOST done (I'm doing it with Revo Uninstaller Pro), or more specifically it is done - the only missing step is the Finish button on the uninstaller. And when I click it, the circling pages load in a fraction of a second. No matter where BBLink is installed, C drive, external HDD, even pendrive; the effect is absolutely the same. The XP itself is a relatively fresh install, 3 months old, with no malwares, no nothing. My systems are usually bulletproof, as I have never (!) seen a blue screen of death during my Windows years on my machines...
    But the BB issues are persistent and strange and I can't explain them. Networks are OK, drivers are OK, USB ports are OK, firewall configs are OK, BBLink itself is working perfectly, but the 2 main issues are permanent: 1.) the browsers are going crazy and 2.) Sachesi is simply unable to detect my Z10 via - the otherwise perfectly functioning - USB ports. M y computer detects the phone, but Sachesi not. My other phone and its ecosystem is working perfectly on the very same cables/connectors...
    02-15-14 01:19 PM
    Everything I read points to a bad, old, corrupt driver or a hardware failure or antivirus. I guess it could be link but I would think everyone would get the error then.
    A Lot of people are receiving the same problem as me too. We are a minority but it still happens. I installed an older version of BlackBerry Link and that worked. It's clearly something wrong with the installation process of Link. I cleaned up the newer version with Revo uninstaller pro and that let me install an older version.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-15-14 01:39 PM
    A Lot of people are receiving the same problem as me too. We are a minority but it still happens. I installed an older version of BlackBerry Link and that worked. It's clearly something wrong with the installation process of Link. I cleaned up the newer version with Revo uninstaller pro and that let me install an older version.

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if the link install file was bad. Might need to download it again but it's a pain going back and forth.
    02-15-14 03:45 PM
    I wonder if the link install file was bad. Might need to download it again but it's a pain going back and forth.
    Its not the Installer. I checked several times, and even downloaded from another ISP to see if checksum was messed cause of ISP's packet filtering and stuff, still the same crap. Gave up and went back one version, and it works great! Downloaded from Vietnam!
    02-15-14 04:35 PM
    Hi all - it would appear that my Kaspersky anti virus was to blame (as per one of the suggestions).
    I completely uninstalled it and then was able to install BlackBerry Link without the BSOD.
    The two of them now appear to be playing nicely together - remote access is even working.
    Thanks for everyone's help - as usual this forum is top notch!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Prem WatsApp like this.
    02-15-14 05:45 PM
    Hi all - it would appear that my Kaspersky anti virus was to blame (as per one of the suggestions).
    I completely uninstalled it and then was able to install BlackBerry Link without the BSOD.
    The two of them now appear to be playing nicely together - remote access is even working.
    Thanks for everyone's help - as usual this forum is top notch!

Posted via CB10
    Something I'll try tomorrow then... thanks for the update!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:23 PM
    This version is so much faster loading the full backup options, even starting once you click on the shortcut. I've noticed a significant increase on the speed when doing backups and restore since 10.2, so this version just adds up to the overall experience but with no big difference from the last one. Great job, little by little fixing and ironing the errors.

Hard core BlackBerry 'er
    daveycrocket likes this.
    02-16-14 11:35 AM
    I am using MS 8.1 and I keep getting the following message when trying to install the new version: Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal (ndis.sys)
    My computer gives me a blue screen and restarts all the time. Can someone please help.
    Are you using Norton? Can cause a problem.

Is your Antivirus up-to-date? What product are you using.

Search for the latest driver for your wireless card, if it's a laptop, set a restore point and install it.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    02-21-14 06:02 PM
    My BlackBerry Link update went smoothly, on a desktop running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I just noticed that the version number in my Link installation is now 1.2.3.23, which is slightly newer than the title of this thread. I don't know if that's a typo in the thread title or if Blackberry snuck in a tiny bugfix by the time I downloaded the updated version, but I thought I'd mention it.

02-21-14 06:30 PM

Edit: you can try disabling your antivirus and firewall and see if it still does it. Update your bios from your mfg. And update your WiFi and nic drivers.

Some excellent advice here. Norton and Kaspersky can block stuff, or conflict with drivers. Best way to find out is to temporarily uninstall and go with the basic Microsoft Security Essentials.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-21-14 07:09 PM
    Uninstalling Kaspersky worked for me too. At last!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-22-14 09:17 AM
    Anyone else experiencing problems syncing with Outlook? There is another thread where at least three of us are having problems.
    I tried to use a previous version and my Z10 syncs Ok. My wife's Q5 though still refuses to.

Furthermore, the auto backup schedule does not work since the last update. I have to perform it manually.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    02-23-14 01:24 AM
    Uninstalling Kaspersky worked for me too. At last!
    Spoke too soon. Uninstalling Kaspersky enabled me to install BBLink, and to perform a backup. However, the software now appears to be crashing my PC - error report: "The "Unknown" driver (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rimvndis6_amd64.sys) appears to have caused a system crash."

BB Knowledge base suggests this is a known error going back to August last year and they were working on it with MS. I can't believe that BB haven't managed to resolve this, which appears to be an ongoing issue for many people. It's a fairly basic requirement for a smartphone to have a backup system available, and BB have let us down badly with BB Link. I love my Z10 but this is just so frustrating!
    02-24-14 05:10 AM
    I have a problem I had 1.2.2 and I couldnt restore back up using this error opertion was cancelled due to device disconnected verify that phone is on.... after this update the error changed on the operation was cancelled some files were not restored..
    And I didnt cancel. I read BlackBerry link documents found that there is an issue like this on the document wen do u think will they fix it and if u have a solution do tell
    Shaciese will not work... I tried

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 05:57 AM
    After reading this i will just stick to not installing BlackBerry Link..i have installed it twice and both times it crashed my PC necessitating a system restore.

I use Zone Alarm (which uses Kapersky as its AV) so this may be it, but just can't be bothered to uninstall my security suite for this.....

Z10, Official Digicel 10.2.1.2102
    03-01-14 06:17 PM
53 123