Blackberry Link Updated to 1.2.3.48 (161Mb). Not sure wants updated but we'll see.
    05-13-14 08:51 AM
    05-13-14 08:54 AM
    Also BlackBerry Link v1.2.1.16 (Mac OS) updated.
    05-13-14 08:55 AM
    Running to computer now!!!
    Hoping my RFA will work after this.

Edit, ok getting a 'File not found' error on two different macs.

Edit! Great my RFA is back, the update finally showed on Link itself I didn't have to download from BlackBerry website.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 93Aero; 05-13-14 at 12:00 PM.
    05-13-14 08:56 AM
    Hopefully outlook contact sync is fixed. It has been a pain dealing with the issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 08:56 AM
    With this coming out the same day as the Z3 announcement, I have a feeling this just updates Link to work with it. I hope I'm wrong.
    05-13-14 11:56 AM
    Hopefully outlook contact sync is fixed. It has been a pain dealing with the issue.
    It is my humble opinion that the only way to "fix" that is to completely re-design the contacts app architecture in BB10, which appears to be fatally flawed and designed by people that did not know what they were doing. (Not to mention Link, which is rudimentary at best for such tasks. )
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    05-13-14 11:59 AM
    to deal with your contacts the best way is to sync them with gmail account I have 200 + contacts stored on gmail and I have no issue at all I just sign in and all my contacts with their pic are in my contacts

Posted via CB10
    dragon77 and EchuOkan1 like this.
    05-13-14 12:10 PM
    to deal with your contacts the best way is to sync them with gmail account I have 200 + contacts stored on gmail and I have no issue at all I just sign in and all my contacts with their pic are in my contacts
    200 contacts is _nothing_.

It's the people with 5000 contacts that have the real problems.

And because contact fields are apparently not uniquely identified in BB10 nor is there any hard limit on number of fields per type, this will inevitably cause major disasters trying to sync that giant amorphous blob to Outlook...
    05-13-14 12:16 PM
    Thanks, I will try that. I use Outlook on my laptop for work (calendar and contacts); how do you keep both synced when using Gmail on my Z?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 12:30 PM
    when I save the contact I choose to save on gmail there is option to select store on local or gmail I choose gmail
    Thanks, I will try that. I use Outlook on my laptop for work (calendar and contacts); how do you keep both synced when using Gmail on my Z?

Posted via CB10
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    05-13-14 01:22 PM
    Can't wait to get back home tonight to load this update.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 01:34 PM
    Wonder if this update would have accelerated the restore last night...

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 01:39 PM
    I find it really annoying that these updates never show up inside BBLink for me, even though I have "automatically download updates" checked.
    I can image a lot of people are still using old, unreliable versions of Link because of this.
    05-13-14 01:50 PM
    I find it really annoying that these updates never show up inside BBLink for me, even though I have "automatically download updates" checked.
    I can image a lot of people are still using old, unreliable versions of Link because of this.
    Another common explanation is that they let the early adopters have it for a while in case there are uncaught flaws, before they release it as an "automatic update".
    05-13-14 02:30 PM
    That could hold of course, but I do not always install these updates, some of them I have waited for (never showed up). Even so, I have never seen an automatic update notice in BBLink since its release.
    Another common explanation is that they let the early adopters have it for a while in case there are uncaught flaws, before they release it as an "automatic update".
    05-13-14 03:30 PM
    That could hold of course, but I do not always install these updates, some of them I have waited for (never showed up). Even so, I have never seen an automatic update notice in BBLink since its release.

I have. But as I recall, it is not right in your face, you have to click a button to be in that section of the application before you see it.

FWIW, I tend to turn "auto update" completely OFF on anything I personally use. If I had a nickel for every device or system that was rendered at least temporarily useless by an update that was installed without my knowledge or consent...
    05-13-14 11:20 PM
    Lovin the new options for backup/restore. My Outlook 2007 sync finished very quickly!

However, it still doesn't recognize the FLAC music files on my SD card.
    05-14-14 07:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just updated link for windows and now my Q10 syncs perfectly with Office 365 calendar and contacts. Finally!!!
    05-14-14 06:05 PM
    I am amazed that I have to Google the download link every time an update comes out. This time, my Z10 told me it wanted to install Link, so I assumed it was an update, but I still had to go to the online link to install it (the phone gave instructions that did not work on my computer).
    05-14-14 09:51 PM
    I am amazed that I have to Google the download link every time an update comes out.
    I don't know why you would need to do that.

I go to www.blackberry.com and see the following, and click on the "Software" link:

Blackberry Link Updated to 1.2.3.48 (161Mb)-blackberry_web_1.png

Then I get a dropdown that looks like the following, and simply click on "BlackBerry Link software for BlackBerry 10 OS".

Blackberry Link Updated to 1.2.3.48 (161Mb)-blackberry_web_2.png

Then I see the buttons depicted below, pick the platform I want (PC or Mac), and it takes me to the download page.

You don't see any of those things?

Blackberry Link Updated to 1.2.3.48 (161Mb)-blackberry_web_3.png
    05-15-14 12:19 AM
    Just noticed that now when you do a backup and its backing up app settings/data it actually tells you as it backs up each apps setting, shows the app name as it backs up. Don't remember seeing that before. Note it also showed the names of each of the android apps I have installed as it backed up those as well
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-17-14 07:20 AM
    Any reports from Outlook users who experienced sync failure with the previous version of Link?
    05-17-14 08:46 PM
    Just noticed that now when you do a backup and its backing up app settings/data it actually tells you as it backs up each apps setting, shows the app name as it backs up. Don't remember seeing that before. Note it also showed the names of each of the android apps I have installed as it backed up those as well

I have over 100 BlackBerry World apps and dozens of Android apps installed on my test device, and I saw no information as you described there at all, when doing backups (and a restore) of the device today.
    05-18-14 06:43 PM
    Omnitech, it's there. You do have to poke around a bit.

Blackberry Link Updated to 1.2.3.48 (161Mb)-select.jpg
    Blackberry Link Updated to 1.2.3.48 (161Mb)-apps.jpg
    05-19-14 06:43 AM
44 12