Just looking to synch my Z10 on 20/09/2016 only to find Blackberry Link wont open. No problem with Blend. Have removed and reinstalled full suite of BlackberryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59 and checked McAfee Internet Security firewall setting to no avail.

Am I missing something?

PS - Running on Windows 10
    09-21-16 05:18 PM
    Yep there has been major problems since the Windows 10 update and I have the same problem on my two computers. I cannot find a solution either, I am dead in the water now with Link which has been trouble free for the last 3 years
    SonyainTx likes this.
    09-21-16 06:31 PM
    I did a clean install of Windows 10 and a fresh install of BlackBerry Link and have had no problems with it.

I suggest you do a complete uninstall, restart Windows, do a new install, then restart Windows again and see if that works.

Make sure you delete everything. Sometimes Windows asks if, or assumes you want to keep your old preferences.

Posted via CB10
    wlmss likes this.
    09-21-16 06:44 PM
    I see there's another thread about Tuesday's Windows 10 patch breaking Link.

I'll have to wait until I get home to check Link.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 06:47 PM
    Hi,

Let me get the right, you are suggesting a re-installation of Windows 10 too? Hope I am wrong and you mean just the BB software?

Seems onerous to say the least - perhap I shall wait for a simpler solution
    09-21-16 07:03 PM
    No, I was suggesting:
    1. Un-install BlackBerry software (all)
    2. Restart Windows
    3, Re-install BlackBerry software.
    4. Restart Windows

But as mentioned, this may also be a bug introduced by this week's Windows 10 update which I can't test for at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 09:59 PM
    I've had off/on issues for months now but always been back up and running with reinstall/reboot...no such luck this time - have attempted the process repeatedly the last couple of days and Link continues to crash.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 05:57 AM
    I had no issues with BB Link and Win 10 until after the Tuesday update. I just got home, ran BB Link and got a Windows 10 error saying BlackBerry Link has stopped working.

I followed the advice I gave above on re-installing Link, but when I try to run Link, I still get the same Win 10 error.
    09-22-16 06:57 PM
    While we wait for BlackBerry to do an update on BlackBerry Link after the recent Windows 10 update, there is an alternative. It's CompanionLink (for the desktop/laptop) and Deja Office and Deja Hiub (for the BlackBerry). This works very well for syncing Outlook contacts, calendar, and tasks with BlackBerry. It just takes two steps to sync with BlackBerry native contacts, calendar, and tasks. It isn't that expensive, and who knows when BlackBerry will get around to doing an update of BlackBerry Link to make it compatible with the recent Windows 10 update?
    09-22-16 08:12 PM
    It will be a long wait for that update:

Article Number: 000038546 First Published: September 22, 2016
    BlackBerry Link supports Windows XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 - 32 bit, 2010 - 64 bit, 2013 .
    Please note that Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 are not supported

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English
    09-23-16 10:07 AM
    The problem is BlackBerry Link has failed to work on recent Windows 7 updates, too...
    AjoyEricLal likes this.
    09-23-16 10:13 AM
    The problem is BlackBerry Link has failed to work on recent Windows 7 updates, too...
    Yes, and BlackBerry has made it pretty clear there will be no updates to Link. The last update was more than a year ago.
    09-23-16 01:39 PM
    I have this issue as well. Link stopped worked after the recent Windows 10 updates.

I have tried a complete uninstall of Link, including rebooting and using CCleaner to remove all registry fragments. After reinstalling Link, I receive the same error "BlackBerry Link has stopped working".

Too bad, if this doesn't get fixed, then BB10 is truly dead and buried!
    09-23-16 02:27 PM
    This was a good suggestion as I am on trail, but at a cost $129 dollars or the � equivalent is not inexpensive when a BlackBerry Link fixed would be preferred for my Z10. With this and the Whatsapp move to non support even a move to an android based BlackBerry is pushing me to think this is the last straw. I do not have the time or inclination to stick with the uncertainty any more.
    09-25-16 01:35 PM
    While we wait for BlackBerry to do an update on BlackBerry Link after the recent Windows 10 update, there is an alternative. It's CompanionLink (for the desktop/laptop) and Deja Office and Deja Hiub (for the BlackBerry). This works very well for syncing Outlook contacts, calendar, and tasks with BlackBerry. It just takes two steps to sync with BlackBerry native contacts, calendar, and tasks. It isn't that expensive, and who knows when BlackBerry will get around to doing an update of BlackBerry Link to make it compatible with the recent Windows 10 update?
    I'm now syncing my Outlook 2016 Contacts and Calendar to my Q5 through my Microsoft account on Outlook.com.
    09-25-16 01:46 PM
    It will be a long wait for that update:

Article Number: 000038546 First Published: September 22, 2016
    BlackBerry Link supports Windows XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 - 32 bit, 2010 - 64 bit, 2013 .
    Please note that Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 are not supported

BlackBerry Link for Windows system requirements
    No need to stress over this for Windows 10 or Outlook 2016. That�s not why Link is crashing.

I�m running Windows 7 Pro SP1 and Outlook 2013, and Link has NEVER run a full sync of anything except media (photos). Last Windows Patch Tuesday updates appear to have rendered all current RIM desktop software inoperative.

Link crashed here during a migration from a 9900 and on every contacts and calendar sync. The current Link distribution package is garbage, was incompatible with the Microsoft products it was supposed to support, and should never have been released.
    09-26-16 09:21 AM
    Try this: REMOVE all traces of Blackberry Link from your PC. Reboot your PC THEN attach your BB device to your PC with usb. Wait for your BB device to display the screen which asks if you want to install Link and drivers to your PC. Go ahead and install from your BB device NOT from the Blackberry.com website. I have had no problems with my Z10 or Passport on BB Link using Windows 7 64 bit on my older Dell Latitude or on my Windows 10 64 bit on my new Lenovo Carbon X1. YMMV.
    wlmss likes this.
    09-26-16 09:35 AM
    I had no problems ruining Link under either Windows 7 or Windows 10 until I finally received the Windows 10 Version 1607 update a few days ago. What I thought was the Anniversary update back in August was actually Version 1511.
    09-26-16 09:50 AM
    There seem to be 2 issues with Blackberry Link:

1) Blackberry Link crashes on startup of Link

2) Link starts fine, but when you connect your BB10 device via USB, it is not recognized by Link.

I had problem 2). It happened when I installed iTunes 12.5.1.21. Here is how I solved it on Windows 10:

Uninstall iTunes
    Uninstall Apple Application Support (32-Bit)
    Uninstall Apple Application Support (64-Bit)
    Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support
    Uninstall Apple Software Update
    Uninstall Bonjour
    Uninstall Blackberry Link

Restart your computer

Install Blackberry Link (Just the Drivers and Blackberry Link, not Blend). File name:
    BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe

It worked for me afterwards. I am a happy bunny. You just can't have iTunes and Link on the same computer anymore.
    braulio_jose likes this.
    09-27-16 04:27 AM
    Everyone seems to be having slightly different experiences here. I uninstalled Link and rebooted the computer. I then reinstalled Link (without Blend) and that seems to have done the trick. My Passport is now seen when connected and I'm running a backup now.
    09-29-16 06:40 PM
    Everyone seems to be having slightly different experiences here. I uninstalled Link and rebooted the computer. I then reinstalled Link (without Blend) and that seems to have done the trick. My Passport is now seen when connected and I'm running a backup now.
    I suspect you also don't have iTunes installed.
    09-29-16 11:00 PM
    Before trying to open Link for first time since windows 10 anniversary update, I have updated itunes. Link crashes when trying to open it.
    Blend working without issue and phone recognizes by the BlackBerry desktop manager.
    Will try a reinstall this week end without blend. Then if link still not working, I will try without itunes.
    Questions: If I uninstall itunes and reinstall it, will I loose all playlist?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 02:44 AM
    ... Questions: If I uninstall itunes and reinstall it, will I loose all playlist?
    No, I have un-installed an re-installed iTunes before. It's normal for programs to keep their settings when un-installed, or they may ask if you want to keep them.
    09-30-16 01:47 PM
    10-03-16 04:09 PM
    this solution works when you have itunes, and I can't see any adverse affects on it. However there is an older thread going on which I think we should stick to... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-link-1085973/

Thanks
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    10-03-16 05:06 PM