Hello,

I am running the latest BlackBerry Link and the official 10.2.1
    Sync has worked correctly initially, but no longer syncs successfully.

"Sync was unsuccessful. Failed to commit changes to device".

I have reloaded both Link, and OS, but after initial sync success, error encountered.

Have created log file.

Please advise.
    02-07-14 11:00 AM
    Hi there, are you able to tell us the desktop software you're running?
    02-09-14 08:14 PM
    I'm running Vista (not W7).

The other problem I've always had is; that it doesn't login to link (for remote file access)

I read in BB KB it could be due to size of the contact list - no known resolution.
    Although, I've never had this problem before updating to 10.2.1

searzyOUT!!
    02-09-14 09:02 PM
    that is odd, what version of vista is it? and is it up to date with all the windows patches?
    02-09-14 10:58 PM
    I have Vista Ultimate - all up-to-date.

The logging on to Link problem I have replied in the beta forums for user feedback.

The real problem is the not syncing, which turns out I am not the only one. With regards to contact list size; it's large, but smaller than previous months, so there should not be a problem syncing, but there is.
    02-10-14 09:04 AM
    Bump.

searzyOUT!!
    02-12-14 01:37 PM
    BlackBerry Link updated to 1.2.3.23...

Still "cannot commit changes to device"

searzyOUT!!
    02-13-14 10:11 AM
    I too have the latest BBLink 1.2.2.13 Version and the latest OS for my Z30 and my laptop has Windows 8. For one month I was enjoying my new phone and the ease with which it synced my Outlook Contacts and Calendars; it worked without a hitch. I have not been able to have a successful sync since I downloaded the latest BB10. The process now takes a minimum of four hours. It looks like it will complete the process. However, one stage at least seems to be missing: if you proceed with these changes the following events will be removed. The final stage is this message: Failed to commit changes to the device.

Over the past two weeks, I have rebooted computer and Z30 numerous times and I have attempted night time syncs as well as daytime syncs -- wasting many hours only to end each process with: sync was unsuccessful.

What other things can I try?
    02-13-14 01:19 PM
    I have restored My phone to factory settings using the latest Link.

Syncing successfully, will see if it continues to do so.
    02-13-14 01:29 PM
    I'm running .2141 OS and now the newest Link. Last Friday was the first time that it didn't sync with the previous version of link and in fact, since the 2-way syncing was released last fall, it has always synced with my Outlook 2007 contacts and calendars flawlessly. Then Friday, it happened--"Failure to commit..." so I uninstalled the previous version and loaded the new one on my PC. Tried again to sync but it wouldn't go. Finally I was able to sync the calendar but it still won't sync the contacts. This is a real problem and needs to be addressed. I saw on Google/"Failure to commit to device" that BB knows about the issue and is working on it, but no timeframe exists. So Searzy, you are not alone! I for one don't want to go to my restore to factory settings as I have too much on there to change things around. Also do not want to delete the BBLink Account from my accounts because if I do and then do a 1-way sync to my phone, there is no guarantee that I will get all my appointments over or all of my 1001 contacts over correctly. Just stuck and not happy ;(
    03-06-14 05:23 PM
    I'm running .2141 OS and now the newest Link. Last Friday was the first time that it didn't sync with the previous version of link and in fact, since the 2-way syncing was released last fall, it has always synced with my Outlook 2007 contacts and calendars flawlessly. Then Friday, it happened--"Failure to commit..." so I uninstalled the previous version and loaded the new one on my PC. Tried again to sync but it wouldn't go. Finally I was able to sync the calendar but it still won't sync the contacts. This is a real problem and needs to be addressed. I saw on Google/"Failure to commit to device" that BB knows about the issue and is working on it, but no timeframe exists. So Searzy, you are not alone! I for one don't want to go to my restore to factory settings as I have too much on there to change things around. Also do not want to delete the BBLink Account from my accounts because if I do and then do a 1-way sync to my phone, there is no guarantee that I will get all my appointments over or all of my 1001 contacts over correctly. Just stuck and not happy ;(
    Hi J, I had some issues with the latest Link 1.2.3.23 (123_b022) in that after the first successful sync it no longer would so I returned to 1.2.2.31 (1.2.2.13) and hasn't had any issues.
    This is probably a red herring but I wonder (as Link didn't inform me of Update 1.2.3.23 (123_b022) I downloaded it direct from Blackberry) if versions of Link are regional because phones are and or Phone type specific ie my Z30 is STA 100-2. running since yesterday 10.2.1.2141.
    Link still doesn't prompt me to update Link from 1.2.2.31 (1.2.2.13) to 1.2.3.23 (123_b022). And if it is BlackBerry need to get on it.
    Just thoughts, and I hope you and yours are well.
    davey
    03-08-14 05:43 AM
    Hi J, I had some issues with the latest Link 1.2.3.23 (123_b022) in that after the first successful sync it no longer would so I returned to 1.2.2.31 (1.2.2.13) and hasn't had any issues.
    This is probably a red herring but I wonder (as Link didn't inform me of Update 1.2.3.23 (123_b022) I downloaded it direct from Blackberry) if versions of Link are regional because phones are and or Phone type specific ie my Z30 is STA 100-2. running since yesterday 10.2.1.2141.
    Link still doesn't prompt me to update Link from 1.2.2.31 (1.2.2.13) to 1.2.3.23 (123_b022). And if it is BlackBerry need to get on it.
    Just thoughts, and I hope you and yours are well.
    davey
    Hi Davey! Glad to hear your doing well! I have gone back to 1.2.2.13 but it only will sync calendar and not contacts. Very weird indeed and there is enough users that this is happening to that you would think it would be priority with BB--but apparently not. I don't have a link older than that so I'm stuck with it. Bummed buddy!
    daveycrocket likes this.
    03-10-14 01:35 PM
    I've been searching the forum for a slightly different issue. I just bought a Q10 3 weeks ago. I've always used Outlook 2007 to sync my contacts and calendar with my previous cells (a Palm Treo 650 then last 7yrs a Palm Treo Pro running Win mob 6.1)

When I tried to set up & sync I got multiple listings of existing contacts. There would be a Doe, John plus a John Doe on the Q10. That's annoying enough, but I've never been able to properly do a 2-way sync even though I have the Link software set up to do 2-way. If I put an appointment IN Outlook it reliably puts it onto my Q10 but if I'm out and set up a meeting on the Q10 it NEVER adds it to Outlook. This both keeps me from having it backed up but also means every time I want to enter an appointment I have to do it FROM my computer plus I have to look on the Q10 to make sure it won't conflict with one I made there. I thought maybe the 1.2.2.31 was to blame so I deleted it, rebooted and installed the latest Link 1.2.3.23 software. Same issue, no improvement. The link did have me reinstall 10.1.0.2030 3 times with 2.31 and again with the new 3.23 if that tells anyone anything I'm too new to realize.

Does anyone have an Idea how I can get data from Q10 into Outlook? And yes, for those of you unsure, I mean the Stand alone Outlook that is part of Micro$oft Office. I do NOT use outlook.com, as I have legal issues preventing (HIPPA) me from exposing client numbers or appointments.

All help gladly listened to!
    Last edited by scubafan; 03-11-14 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Want to make thigs clear
    03-11-14 01:59 AM
    I am using the latest leaked OS for the Z10 (10.2.1.2102 / 2141) with the latest Link version (1.2.3.23) and now everything syncs perfectly (a few weeks now)

Update to the latest leak (very easy to do)...
    03-11-14 08:00 AM
    I had been having the same problem with failing to commit changes to device. Had worked in the past but for the last several weeks (after updating to the new version of Link) it had quit. I tried it again this morning and made some changes to my sync configuration. I sync only contacts and so I went into the configure option then set Link to Notify me of Conflicts. Tried the sync again and was presented with a list of 280+ conflicts. Seemed to all relate to an attachment on the device (Hash it was labeled) that was not in Outlook. Told it to not sync the conflicting data and everything worked.

Might be worth a try? Also as a side note. I don't remember the option to notify of sync conflicts being in the sync configuration in earlier versions? There were some options but it was either use data on device, or use data on PC, but not notify?????
    Darren Donahue likes this.
    03-11-14 10:59 AM
    Continued FYI:

Just made some changes to both device contacts and outlook contacts after following the above steps, and this time the sync worked fine as is, no notification of conflicts and the data (contacts) was synced both directions without issue.

Rick
    03-11-14 11:14 AM
    That's a good suggestion, but I already have it set up to inform me of conflicts. Hasn't helped... I tried telling it to always use data on computer and then tried always use data on device. Neither option lets data ON Q10 make it into Outlook.
    03-11-14 02:20 PM
    I've been to countless forums but i still get
    mapi logon failed. please run outlook with the profile "outlook" selected and try again.

I want to throw the phone in the toilet at this point. help....
    03-12-14 11:46 AM
    I've been searching the forum for a slightly different issue. I just bought a Q10 3 weeks ago. I've always used Outlook 2007 to sync my contacts and calendar with my previous cells (a Palm Treo 650 then last 7yrs a Palm Treo Pro running Win mob 6.1)

When I tried to set up & sync I got multiple listings of existing contacts. There would be a Doe, John plus a John Doe on the Q10. That's annoying enough, but I've never been able to properly do a 2-way sync even though I have the Link software set up to do 2-way. If I put an appointment IN Outlook it reliably puts it onto my Q10 but if I'm out and set up a meeting on the Q10 it NEVER adds it to Outlook. This both keeps me from having it backed up but also means every time I want to enter an appointment I have to do it FROM my computer plus I have to look on the Q10 to make sure it won't conflict with one I made there. I thought maybe the 1.2.2.31 was to blame so I deleted it, rebooted and installed the latest Link 1.2.3.23 software. Same issue, no improvement. The link did have me reinstall 10.1.0.2030 3 times with 2.31 and again with the new 3.23 if that tells anyone anything I'm too new to realize.

Does anyone have an Idea how I can get data from Q10 into Outlook? And yes, for those of you unsure, I mean the Stand alone Outlook that is part of Micro$oft Office. I do NOT use outlook.com, as I have legal issues preventing (HIPPA) me from exposing client numbers or appointments.

All help gladly listened to!
    Gotten your help yet?
    03-12-14 11:49 AM
    Gotten your help yet?
    come on forum produce some help please
    03-12-14 11:49 AM
    Gotten your help yet?
    Same situation that you are in. I can't use a web-based program either due to the nature of my business-securities and insurance. Every Link version I have loaded in the last 4 or 5 days does the same thing. Syncs with calendar events but will not sync with contacts on outlook 2007.. The only one that won't do either is the new one. I give up!
    03-12-14 04:53 PM
    This is starting to get odd. Some people can sync everything. some get calendar but not contacts. I get everything from PC TO BB but can't get data back to Outlook...

I wonder if this is a flaw in the BB link program? It would seem like all of us would get the same result, but we don't. I wonder if BB just didn't fully understand how to work with the stand alone Outlook? Maybe they decided everyone wants to use online version only?
    03-12-14 05:13 PM
    I'm just wondering if a manual search of the registry to clean out all Link remnants a reboot and a fresh install will help, along with a reinstall of outlook, as I wonder if it could also have been corrupted in some way.
    Question are all sync issues with outlook 2007. is there a common program or regional issue. A common PC OS etc.
    I use outlook 2010 without any link issues apart from the latest link 1.2.3.23 (version 123_b022) which synced fine the first time then stopped working altogether. I'm using Link 1.2.2.31 (version 1.2.2.13) (this auto updated from version 1.2.1.23) and seems to be giving lots of trouble to others.

This must be so frustrating for you guys.
    PS. remember to move Blackberry backups to a external drive or usb in case accidental delete of backup keys.
    I would then use a registry cleaner which hopefully will clean up any missed keys or sub keys
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 03-13-14 at 03:41 AM. Reason: caution reback ups
    03-12-14 05:36 PM
    This is starting to get odd. Some people can sync everything. some get calendar but not contacts. I get everything from PC TO BB but can't get data back to Outlook...

I wonder if this is a flaw in the BB link program? It would seem like all of us would get the same result, but we don't. I wonder if BB just didn't fully understand how to work with the stand alone Outlook? Maybe they decided everyone wants to use online version only?
    I agree there is something odd, I only use stand alone outlook 2010 for security reasons, see my other post.
    I think sometimes that when a program doesn't work then I feel it is that program forgetting that other code may affect how things happen. In the early days of Link I had problems in that the sync kept failing on the calendar it was how link and outlook handle re-occurring appointments birthdays etc once I'd cleared those issues it was fine. There is evidence on the forum that some calendar or contact remnants can cause sync fails. Also later in link development go1dnr showed that duplicates could be managed as this was to do with multiple entries due to social networking contact lists etc.
    These are just my thoughts and apologies if you've already "been" there several times.
    03-13-14 03:58 AM
    I've been running Windows 8.1 and Outlook 2013 for about six weeks...have had the usual sporadic issues syncing - and have even deleted and reinstalled Link a couple of times. In the last couple of weeks, however, I've been unable to sync contacts - but calendar seems to be working fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 08:31 PM
55 123