My 8520 used to sync with outlook and then for no apparent reason crashes when it gets to updating the calendars. Blackberry desktop crashes and Windows 7 says programme stopped working. Contacts seem to sync ok. Any ideas? Orange, my provider has been unable to help so far
    04-21-10 03:07 PM
    My 8520 used to sync with outlook and then for no apparent reason crashes when it gets to updating the calendars. Blackberry desktop crashes and Windows 7 says programme stopped working. Contacts seem to sync ok. Any ideas? Orange, my provider has been unable to help so far
    This is a known issue for Windows 7 users. If you have any other computers with Windows XP or Vista, use it instead of Windows 7. Windows 7 don't install all the right drivers for your BB that's why it crashes.
    04-21-10 09:47 PM
    This is a known issue for Windows 7 users. If you have any other computers with Windows XP or Vista, use it instead of Windows 7. Windows 7 don't install all the right drivers for your BB that's why it crashes.
    I'm afraid I must disagree. The issue with Win 7 and BB drivers is that the BB will just boot cycle the phone when plugged into a USB port. In this case it sounds as if there is different issue. The fact that DM recognizes the BB and syncs some of the data is very different from the other posts. If I had to make a guess, I would say that there is some type of corrupt calendar entry that is causing the issue. Difficult to be much more help with just these details.
    04-22-10 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD