Go and grab it

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    Last edited by Striker317; 10-26-09 at 11:43 AM. Reason: fixed link
    zbhatti likes this.
    10-26-09 11:30 AM
    We're Sorry...

You've entered this page in error because you have the incorrect link.

Please make sure that you have the correct link to download BlackBerry software.

If you have any questions, please contact the webmaster.
    ... ... ...
    10-26-09 11:34 AM
    10-26-09 11:39 AM
    That's the one.. Thanks for the info Striker317..

btw, shouldn't this be in the Blackberry Desktop Manager Forum?
    Last edited by screw666; 10-26-09 at 11:44 AM.
    10-26-09 11:41 AM
    I just installed it. Seemed to go fine. The only difference I can notice so far is a provision to tether the BB as a modem. Unfortanately, there is no Sprint profile built-in. Perhaps because Sprint removed the free access recently?
    10-26-09 05:06 PM
    Installed it today, what a great improvement over 4.7!!

Also, check the following link to software downloads on VZW's website....The 9550 is getting close....

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    10-26-09 05:08 PM
    Thanks for posting. Downloaded and installed new desktop. Has choice to use Blackberry as IP Modem. You configure by choosing T Mobile US from drop down menu and that is all. Then click on tab to Connect and all is done painlessly without entering any information or number. When you configure you can also check box on bottom to leave connection connected even after closing Desktop Manager.
    Last edited by Doctor A; 10-26-09 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Corrected
    10-26-09 10:28 PM
    But do u need a plan for this? like if u use it will big red charge u for it
    10-27-09 12:19 AM
    I had Desktop Manager 5.0 and was using it to tether my Bold (5.0.0.238) on AT&T as recently as last weekend, but after this service pack update, I first saw the following message: "The IP modem feature has been turned off by your wireless service provider" After that, the IP Modem icon went away all together. Has anyone else experienced this?
    10-27-09 12:27 AM
    I had Desktop Manager 5.0 and was using it to tether my Bold (5.0.0.238) on AT&T as recently as last weekend, but after this service pack update, I first saw the following message: "The IP modem feature has been turned off by your wireless service provider" After that, the IP Modem icon went away all together. Has anyone else experienced this?
    When I first installed the new service pack I saw the IP modem option, the all of a sudden it disappeared...what gives?
    10-27-09 08:41 AM
    yea mookish, as soon as I installed it I too saw the icon. By the time i was able to click on DM the icon was long gone. I found out through communications with ATT that if you dont have tethering enabled the option will not stay there. It serves no purpose unless u plan on tethering...best answer i have for you guys
    10-27-09 10:32 AM
    yea mookish, as soon as I installed it I too saw the icon. By the time i was able to click on DM the icon was long gone. I found out through communications with ATT that if you dont have tethering enabled the option will not stay there. It serves no purpose unless u plan on tethering...best answer i have for you guys
    Ahh, that explains it, oh well, back to thethering the old way.
    10-27-09 10:56 AM
    I put it on my machine last night. Looks good and I have the IP Modem option.
    10-27-09 11:32 AM
    I put it on my machine last night. Looks good and I have the IP Modem option.
    provider?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-27-09 11:45 AM
    I just opened Desktop Manager and IP Modem option is still there. My Provider is T-Mobile but when the Software is downloaded from RIM that is same download link for all so Desktop Manager should be same for all?
    10-27-09 11:51 AM
    I just downloaded DM 5.0 last week. Wonder why this SP release doesn't appear when it checks for updates to the software?
    10-28-09 08:14 AM
    I have noticed a couple of new things in the backup process.

First, my backup is working all the way through. Previously, if the backup discovered a database that wouldn't backup, it would quit and you had to go through Advanced and just eliminate that database. Now, the backup process continues to the end and completes and then just tells you that there was an error. Much better RIM.

Secondly, you have the option of encrypting the backup file. I don't remember that in previous versions of DM.
    10-28-09 11:35 AM
    provider?

Telus......
    10-28-09 12:03 PM
    I just downloaded DM 5.0 last week. Wonder why this SP release doesn't appear when it checks for updates to the software?
    It does now

5.0.1 ver
    10-28-09 08:07 PM
    to the best of my knowledge the option to encrypt the backup files has been part of the DM since @ least V4.2, it may of been an option before that but i started on V4.2 and it was there.

-Seraph2029
    10-29-09 08:12 AM
    Anyone figure out a workaround for Sprint, yet?
    10-29-09 11:11 AM
    to the best of my knowledge the option to encrypt the backup files has been part of the DM since @ least V4.2, it may of been an option before that but i started on V4.2 and it was there.

-Seraph2029
    Did not know that. I just noticed. Sorry for the mis-information.
    10-29-09 02:01 PM
    Go and grab it
    Sync is easily twice as fast now with the new 5.0 DM.
    10-29-09 08:44 PM
    I just opened Desktop Manager and IP Modem option is still there. My Provider is T-Mobile but when the Software is downloaded from RIM that is same download link for all so Desktop Manager should be same for all?
    If you are referring to the disappearing tethering option, then my guess (and it is only a guess) is that when the phone is connected to DM then what services you have is detected (via what..I don't know..) and if you don't have the tethering option activated the icon disappears. Again, this is only a guess.
    10-31-09 05:32 AM
    anyone using it on windows 7? or does the manager not work yet?
    10-31-09 01:37 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD