I uninstalled BlackBerry Desktop Software from my PC, through Control Panel < Programme and Features < Uninstall a programme.
    But it seems not to be uninstalled properly. I downloaded BlackBerry Desktop Software from the BlackBerry website and tried to install it but it displays a page with a tick before BlackBerry Link, BlackBerry Blend and BlackBerry Desktop Software and at the bottom, there's written that you have the latest software installed.
    Now the problem is that DBBT is not working, it won't connect to my phone, I am sure it is attributed to this improper uninstall.
    I don't know what should I do to restore the lost functionality.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-20 06:33 AM
    I uninstalled BlackBerry Desktop Software from my PC, through Control Panel < Programme and Features < Uninstall a programme.
    But it seems not to be uninstalled properly. I downloaded BlackBerry Desktop Software from the BlackBerry website and tried to install it but it displays a page with a tick before BlackBerry Link, BlackBerry Blend and BlackBerry Desktop Software and at the bottom, there's written that you have the latest software installed.
    Now the problem is that DBBT is not working, it won't connect to my phone, I am sure it is attributed to this improper uninstall.
    I don't know what should I do to restore the lost functionality.

Posted via CB10
    I use Revo Uninstaller for removing all traces of a program. Very useful for programs that don't completely uninstall through Windows for one reason or another such as BlackBerry Link. Haven't used it for some time but it used to work great for me. After use make sure to reboot your computer.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo...free-download/
    07-02-20 07:50 AM
    I use Revo Uninstaller for removing all traces of a program. Very useful for programs that don't completely uninstall through Windows for one reason or another such as BlackBerry Link. Haven't used it for some time but it used to work great for me. After use make sure to reboot your computer.

Thanks brookie. I'll try it and return to you with the outcome.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-20 07:59 AM

Yeah I used it as well..... But Revo needs to be there when a program is installed, in order to uninstall it fully.

Another thing I'd do.... use Registry Editor. Open it click EDIT, then FIND and I'd search for key words like "BlackBerry". Using that I'd delete that entry and search again... till there were none left. Then reboot. DO HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT YOU DELETE - look at each registry entry to make sure of what you think it is.
    07-02-20 08:05 AM
    But Revo needs to be there when a program is installed, in order to uninstall it fully.
    Good point! He could reinstall and then uninstall, lol.

I've also used the built-in Registry Editor very effectively but didn't mention that in case of extreme "trouble" possibilities you mention.
    07-02-20 08:21 AM
    Good point! He could reinstall and then uninstall, lol.

I've also used the built-in Registry Editor very effectively but didn't mention that in case of extreme "trouble" possibilities you mention.
    Thing is, if it thinks it is already installed... it won't allow you to reinstall or repair the installation. I've had to use the Registry Editor, specifically because of the way BlackBerry's software works.
    07-02-20 08:25 AM
    Thing is, if it thinks it is already installed... it won't allow you to reinstall or repair the installation. I've had to use the Registry Editor, specifically because of the way BlackBerry's software works.
    I think he can reinstall. At least I used to in the past (maybe not Win 10). Pretty sure I've already been through that when trying to get Blend/Link finding and working with my BB10 devices. No harm in trying. If it won't let him, no harm, no foul.
    07-02-20 08:40 AM
    Does Soundnine application work anymore or it has died too?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-20 03:23 AM
    Guys, it's literally not working. I tried Revo uninstalled too but it won't show anything and I tried with my BlackBerry Leap to reinstall drivers and it did but there is no link or blend yet it's showing the latest version as installed in my pc. Neither chrome extension nor DBBT is working, I'm stuck. I can't sideload bar files, it's really awful.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-20 05:46 AM
    Guys, it's literally not working. I tried Revo uninstalled too but it won't show anything and I tried with my BlackBerry Leap to reinstall drivers and it did but there is no link or blend yet it's showing the latest version as installed in my pc. Neither chrome extension nor DBBT is working, I'm stuck. I can't sideload bar files, it's really awful.

Posted via CB10
    As D3 has stated above, you will probably have to use the Registry Editor in Windows to remove leftover files etc but it can be a risky endeavor especially if you are not sure what to delete and have no experience with the editor. Read his post #4, open the Editor by typing "Registry Editor" in Windows Search, then use the search word "blackberry" and maybe "rim" / "Blend" / etc. BE VERY CAREFUL - you don't want to delete anything you are not sure of or that is NOT BlackBerry related.
    07-03-20 08:12 AM
    As D3 has stated above, you will probably have to use the Registry Editor in Windows to remove leftover files etc but it can be a risky endeavor especially if you are not sure what to delete and have no experience with the editor. Read his post #4, open the Editor by typing "Registry Editor" in Windows Search, then use the search word "blackberry" and maybe "rim" / "Blend" / etc. BE VERY CAREFUL - you don't want to delete anything you are not sure of or that is NOT BlackBerry related.
    I am stuck with this now. Even if I risk using this "Registry Editor", I am at a stake in ending up with a malfunctioning PC.
    Okay, I shall do it then. Actually, this PC that I use is the only one in my house and therefore, is used by everybody. So I can't risk its functionality.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-20 11:30 AM
    I am stuck with this now. Even if I risk using this "Registry Editor", I am at a stake in ending up with a malfunctioning PC.
    Okay, I shall do it then. Actually, this PC that I use is the only one in my house and therefore, is used by everybody. So I can't risk its functionality.

Posted via CB10
    Understand completely. Best to just leave it alone if unsure.
    07-03-20 01:01 PM
    Understand completely. Best to just leave it alone if unsure.
    Then it's obscure that I'm getting to sideload bar files any more.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-20 12:16 AM