Just updated my BDS and now I cannot connect to any of my devices; neither my Torch nor my Playbook.

Any solutions to this?

06-07-12 12:44 PM
    Make sure that your previous version was uninstalled, if not, do so. If it doesn't work still, uninstall anything that is listed as BlackBerry from your computer and download the current software https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...247A852FAD3647

and restart your PC. One you are done, it should work. Make sure that you do not have your device connected to your PC while going over the mentioned steps.
    If not, please post any error messages or anything you may consider unusual
    06-07-12 12:56 PM
    Anyone else have issues with this newest update?? I'm thinking about updating it but have never detleted the older version before upgrading in the past. Is this necessary? Since I can't afford to lose my info, hopefully the back up files from my current DM would probably NOT be changed or deleted; however, if it won't read the old files then it may cause some issues. I'd have to go back and sync from outlook to the phone first then reconfigure it to sync both ways if this were the case. So. before I download it, I'm going to wait to see if anyone else comments on it. The feable attempt on the last upgrade that they finally pulled after countless issues, scared me away, but the new one is necessary for the future and especially if you have a PB which I will be getting soon. Anyway, any updates are appreciated. Thanks!!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 06-07-12 at 04:44 PM. Reason: typos
    06-07-12 04:41 PM
    I downgraded to the previous version and it works fine now. But want to uninstall it all and try again with version 7.

I forgot to save the error messages but it said something like the software wasn't certified by Windows xp, or something similar to that. Will get back to you again.

So far it is working fine with the old version.
    06-07-12 08:03 PM
    Too bad you don't have the exact error message, it could have been something else by change?
    I have installed the latest version on a Windows XP PC and it has worked fine for me so far. Please get back with all the details!
    Thanks
    06-08-12 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD