I hope that someone can help with this!

I've just opened the Blackberry Desktop Software (using version 6) to reload the OS onto an 8310 Curve but after launching the software I'm unable to use it as instead of showing text is just shows boxes in it's place - see picture below.

Anyone got any ideas? I've tried repairing the software and unistalling and reinstalling but no joy at all. Starting to drive me mad!

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer!

02-15-11 04:19 AM
    Words just become Squares when you plug ur 8310 in? or it's like that all of the time
    Please Reply...
    02-15-11 05:00 AM
    Words just become Squares when you plug ur 8310 in? or it's like that all of the time
    Please Reply...

Hello and thanks for your question...... No it's like that all of the time. I can click on all of the options but everything just shows up as boxes.
    02-15-11 05:18 AM
    Try re-installing the DM again or revert back to the old DM that you had installed before.
    02-15-11 06:32 AM
    I suggest you go to the BlackBerry Page and download the DM6 Again
    English Version too.

Uninstall DM first or you will get problems, If you still get this Square Words again, Use DM5 and everything should be fine
    02-16-11 12:41 AM
    Ok Thanks all.......... I'll give that a go!
    02-17-11 10:49 AM
    I found a fix for this - by accident! Tried uninstalling and reinstalling software 6 bu didn't make any difference so decided to revert to DM5. Forgot to uninstall version 6 first. With DM5 installed, desktop software 6 works perfectly - the words are back and the little boxes are gone! (go figure!)
    03-27-11 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD