Hello, all! I am running into a problem with my newly purchased Blackberry Peal 8130. When I connect it to my laptop via USB, it is showing that it is disconnected in the Blackberry Desktop Manager. I have checked and checked again to make sure all drivers are up to date. I am currently running Windows Vista SP1 on a Dell Inspiron 1521. All help would be greatly appreciated!

(Second question: because I am running on Verizon's network, WiFi functionality is disabled. Question is: is there any hack to get around this?)
    09-25-08 05:57 PM
    Hello, all! I am running into a problem with my newly purchased Blackberry Peal 8130. When I connect it to my laptop via USB, it is showing that it is disconnected in the Blackberry Desktop Manager. I have checked and checked again to make sure all drivers are up to date. I am currently running Windows Vista SP1 on a Dell Inspiron 1521. All help would be greatly appreciated!

(Second question: because I am running on Verizon's network, WiFi functionality is disabled. Question is: is there any hack to get around this?)
    Hey suddenly I'm having the same problem. I connected today to do my routine backup and now the Desktop Manager is not acknowledging my device. My troubleshooting are as follows:
    * I have XP service pack 3
    *checked all USB ports on my Dell (front and back and samething)
    *running desktop manager 4.6.0
    *checked the DM "device connection" properties: Bluetooth off and off on the device, DM starts at start up
    * I rebooted
    *Keeping on COM1 port (no other choices)
    *I did however download VZW OS upgrade 4.3
    But I can't upgrade my BB bcuz of the above.

Pls help anyone! I luv my BB very much =O)
    09-25-08 07:33 PM
    Desktop manager shows that the phone is disconnected while some apps are working (Application Loader, backup..) and the device is charging.

the only thing that doesn't work is Media and I also cannot see Blackberry icon in My Computer.

what's the problem?

Please Help
    10-16-08 02:55 PM
    Just had this happen to me. The problem is Windows is seeing the blackberry as a USB storage device. In the device manager at the bottom right it will tell you that you have a USB mass storage device connected. What you have to do is click on the properties for that, then tell it to remove the driver for that device. Then plug your phone back in and it will reinstall the phone as a phone and you will be good to go.
    10-27-08 08:53 AM
    Just had this happen to me. The problem is Windows is seeing the blackberry as a USB storage device. In the device manager at the bottom right it will tell you that you have a USB mass storage device connected. What you have to do is click on the properties for that, then tell it to remove the driver for that device. Then plug your phone back in and it will reinstall the phone as a phone and you will be good to go.

i think im having the same problem. when i connect it to my pc i get the msg 'usb device not recognized'. going into device manager it was listed under 'mobile devices' and said 'mtp device'. i did an unistall for it, plugged my phone back in, and i still get the 'usb device not recognized' only now there is no 'mobile devices' listed in device manager. /sigh any tips on what to do now? this has become a super frustrating problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 08:52 AM
    I just got a bold and I am having a similar problem. Every time i plug mine in, it recongizes it for about 30 seconds before disconnecting. When I tried to transfer my information from my Palm Treo to my new Bold it disconnects. I have tried doing everything that every thread has suggested and have been working on this for almost 3 days now... any help please?
    01-03-09 04:47 PM
    I fixed my problem earlier today. I had to go a do a hard reset of my phone, putting it back to factory default and when I connected it to the computer it then worked just fine. Hopes this helps someone else...
    01-04-09 03:43 PM
    Having a similar problem myself and I've tried everything short of a hard reset which I don't see why that should be necessary for something the happens so frequently with DM.

12-10-09 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD