I recently ugraded the desktop manager to V5.0.1.37 (March 10, 2010) and everything seems to work fine except the "media manager".

When I try to launch the media manager I receive a message...

Roxio Easy Media Creator, this is an invalid installation, please install again.

Any clue why this is happening?
    Do I need to reinstall the entire desktop manager again or is there a way to just install the Roxio Easy Media Creator again?
    Help?

Thanks
    03-30-10 05:47 PM
    What are you trying to do with the Media Creator that You can't do using drag and drop with Mass Storage Mode?

I've never found the need to install/use Roxio Media Creator. Ever.
    03-30-10 08:24 PM
    Any chance you can elaborate on this reply sir?

How do I put the device in "mass storage mode".

I didnt relize there was another way to add and remove media files from the computer to the device. I was just messing around with the software and got the message when I tried to open the "media manager".

Seemed strange that it was telling me that this was an "invalid installation" when I downloaded directly from RIM?

Thanks for your help
    03-31-10 10:41 AM
    In options, memory, you should see mass storage setting to enable it. When you hook your berry to your pc it should prompt you to enable it and you can see your media card on the pc. This will let you drag and place or copy paste filrs to your card from your pc or the other way around.
    03-31-10 11:01 AM
    Any chance you can elaborate on this reply sir?

Seemed strange that it was telling me that this was an "invalid installation" when I downloaded directly from RIM?
    You may have a conflict in Windows. If all the other functions of Desktop Manager work, then don't worry about it. I think what xliderider was implying is that *nobody* uses the Roxio Media Manager; just use your Windows Explorer. Enable Mass Storage Mode like Tom says and you should be fine.
    HTH
    03-31-10 11:32 AM
    thankyou for all the great replies...much appreciated...
    03-31-10 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD