I just want to hear what people thoughts are on using Blackberry Desktop Manager IP Modem option (free to use) or using the Tether App ($50). I used the the IP Modem option last week and it works great other than using T-Mobile's 3G data service which is spotty by me. Is Tether better to use?
    07-01-10 10:59 AM
    I like Tether. It is very easy to use, and reliable. The Blackberry IP modem option requires configuration, including some information from the wireless provider that I don't want to ask for, because my agreement forbids me from tethering my laptop to the BB. So I do it in moderation, and they don't notice.
    07-01-10 11:53 AM
    They both work good from what I hear. The one thing to keep in mind is if you're using DM ip modem your carrier might charge you by the MB unless you have purchased their phone as a modem plan. Some carriers don't even offer this.

From what I hear tether fools the network into thinking that you are using your bb browser.
    07-01-10 12:11 PM
    I like Tether because of the reliability of the connection.
    07-01-10 01:13 PM
    Tether is also 1/2 price. Today only.
    07-01-10 02:42 PM
    if you have Tmobile USA just use DM IP. you won't be charged anything by tmo and its free
    07-01-10 03:01 PM
    Thanks devGod. at least i know i won't be charged extra this month. i got scared when everyone else said i get charged. I also found that it was easy to connect on a windows based PC. Vista to be more specific.
    07-01-10 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD