Alright Guys sorry for the noob query but I have a Windows XP desktop and when I download the RIM Blackberry Desktop Software I get a prompt to download .NET Framework.. I do that and it shows download speed and that downloads complete yet it doesnt move forward or anything and I keep on getting errors.

So what should I do to get the desktop software in ? I need to back up my data and apps asap.

Please suggest me a work around this or tell me any other way to back up
    07-03-11 08:58 AM
    @ aRch-0n
    This current BDM ver 6.1.0.35 is downright a lousy one !
    The other day I wanted to store some pictures from my PC Desktop to the 9780. After many "sync" which always were remarked successful and pictures stored on device, I could find the pictures on my 9780.

The damn thing made be believe that my Memory Card was playing up so I ultimately ended up Reformatting it. In spite of which, no storage on the 9780 from the PC. Yet the other way performed fine, i.e. 9780 to PC.

Finally, scrapped the BDM and chose to "copy - paste" directly on the SD card via the USB cable. Yes, it did work that way.

Summary:
    RIM - day by day, your software are just getting lousy. Maybe RIM is way too busy working overtime for their PlayBook and BOLD 9900/9930.
    Am just disappointed !!
    07-03-11 11:25 AM
    Alright Guys sorry for the noob query but I have a Windows XP desktop and when I download the RIM Blackberry Desktop Software I get a prompt to download .NET Framework.. I do that and it shows download speed and that downloads complete yet it doesnt move forward or anything and I keep on getting errors.

So what should I do to get the desktop software in ? I need to back up my data and apps asap.

Please suggest me a work around this or tell me any other way to back up
    Click on start, programs and toward the top you should see windows update, click on it and then do a custom search for updates. In software should be net framework and there will several versions, not sure which one it needs or if they are all connected somehow.
    07-03-11 11:47 AM
    @ aRch-0n
    Finally, scrapped the BDM and chose to "copy - paste" directly on the SD card via the USB cable. Yes, it did work that way.

Summary:
    RIM - day by day, your software are just getting lousy. Maybe RIM is way too busy working overtime for their PlayBook and BOLD 9900/9930.
    Am just disappointed !!
    I agree on the fact that RIM is just pimping the playbook these days, increasing app support for it and everything,

How do you back up the contacts via the copy paste method ? Is there a way, basically I want to back up my Paid apps and my Contacts, I already have backups of my photos,music,videos on my dropbox account. So is there a way ?
    07-03-11 03:51 PM
    Click on start, programs and toward the top you should see windows update, click on it and then do a custom search for updates. In software should be net framework and there will several versions, not sure which one it needs or if they are all connected somehow.
    Thanks for the help bro, currently trying to update the .NET
    07-03-11 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD