When i connect my blackberry to Desktop Manager and try to click on any of the options such as backup or restore, media, application loader etc, nothing happens. Im trying to make a back up data on device and i can't do anything because when i cick on the option to backup nothing happens?!

Thanks
    01-01-10 07:39 PM
    does your pin show up in the pin area on bottom?
    01-01-10 09:42 PM
    does your pin show up in the pin area on bottom?
    agreed. are you even connected properly? ive been having that issue lately too where my phone wont properly connect. a reboot of the computer or opening up task manager and closing all daemon desktop manager exe's usually solves it.
    01-02-10 02:57 AM
    No my pin is not showing up but it just says connected! Tried restarting computer but nothing happening. Any ideas?
    01-02-10 06:57 AM
    So far ive just downloaded blackberry desktop manager v5.0.1, do i need to download anything additional software with it to work because ive tried all sorts and desktop manager does state that im connected but my pin is not showing in the area it should be as noaim pointed out. And i can't click on any of the functions yet.
    01-02-10 11:38 AM
    To use the DTM properly, your devices OS needs to be installed on your PC also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 09:29 PM
    To use the DTM properly, your devices OS needs to be installed on your PC also.

How do i go about downloading the OS to Pc?
    01-03-10 09:24 AM
    click on any of the options such as backup or restore, media, application loader etc, nothing happens. ...

my pin is not showing up but it just says connected!
    I suspect that is the root cause of your problem. Something is preventing the BlackBerry from making a connecting with the computer.

The most likely culprit is the USB port. BlackBerry has published a paper on troubleshooting USB port issues.

View Document

Once you resolve the connection, the next step is to download and install the device OS software. You can download your carriers choice or you can use the latest carrier approved release available here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ne...t-asia-392209/
    01-03-10 09:53 AM
    Thanks for your input Mc Lay. Will give this a try once I'm back home.

01-03-10 12:29 PM
    still, to load themes via DTM you will need your OS installed
    01-03-10 03:29 PM
    I have been through the usb trouble shooting steps, followed steps one to seven and still no luck. My computer seems to recognise the blackberry but desktop manager still says disconnected. I don't understand what I need to do for task 8? I've done a complete uninstall and reinstall. My carrier is orange so where do I go to install the os on my pc? And do I just install it on the pc with out the device connected? I've spent more than 2 hours trying things. Isn't this suppose to be plug and play?

Thanks in advance

01-03-10 08:21 PM
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...223C61B1B5AB89

Orange UK download site. You must download and INSTALL the OS to your computer. You must also install the Desktop Manager.

Also, get a hold of Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) from rimgeeks. it's a great 3rd party app/tool for if/when DM doesn't or won't work.
    01-03-10 08:35 PM
    I have now installed the OS to my computer and still no connection. When i load desktop manager up and connect my device to usb it will just say Disconnected.

What options have i got left now? Ive done everything stated in this thread and it still wont connect.

Thanks
    01-04-10 07:13 AM
    Now it says connected but still no pin showing. In device manager under universal serial bus controllers "blackberry smartphone" is listed. My laptop has recognized the device. when i plug it in and load desktop manager it does ask for my password, once entered it will say connected but i can't access any functions so im back to square one. This is starting to get really fustrating please somone help me out before i have no hair left!!

Thanks
    01-04-10 08:36 AM
    Have you tried deleting the current DM before installing the new copy? Might give that a try. DM isn't seeing it as long as your pin isn't showing. Remember to reboot your PC, too.

Last edited by exelant; 01-04-10 at 12:27 PM.
    01-04-10 11:54 AM
    I downloaded DM to another netbook, while it installed, it prompted me that Microsoft framework needed to be installed. I click yes it downloads framework then installs DM. When DM loaded on the netbook it looked really different to what i could see on my laptop yet it is the same version. On the netbook the DM window had an "options" drop down menu, it had a box where it states the pin and tells you if connected or not and it worked perfectly.

Now on my laptop it doesnt have the "options" drop down menu and it doesnt have the box where the pin is displayed instead it says connected on the blue bar of the window when it clearly is not connected..

I dont understand when installed on the netbook if gives you more options and actually works yet when i install it on my laptop it seems as if alot of features are missing such as the options drop down list etc. im really lost now.
    01-04-10 06:17 PM
    I had a problem with setting up today because (in my impatience) I had my Blackberry plugged into the USB while I was setting up DM. My laptop didn't like that at all and I had to start from scratch: Delete all, reboot computer, install DM - wait for quite a while for it to finish (the whole thing with download from web took about 30 minutes, but that might have been my connection), restart computer again. Not sure this is helpful but 'just in case'. Hope you work it out. Have a nice day :-)
    01-04-10 07:04 PM
    Ah! I am having the same issue, eXonyte! With the updated desktop manager, I have never had a complete options menu. I had to reformat my computer yesterday, and now dm won't show my pin. It connects to my phone, but doesn't show my pin. I can point to any options but won't allow me to click on them. I have done a clean uninstall of dm at least 5 times now & redownloaded. I'm also finding the each new download, that when the files are being extracted, I only get the "modify, repair or remove" option. There is no "custom" or "express" type of option. I've tried downloading dm from my disc as well, but the download interrupts halfway saying my computer "has not been modified". I've spent hours searching here for an answer and this is the closest I have gotten. Help!!

Found out it was my computer-bad hard drive on a laptop that was only a month old! DM works fine now.
    Last edited by Lyls; 08-26-10 at 11:00 AM.
    07-21-10 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD