Hello, I had a BlackBerry Tour, I uploaded it and backed it up a lot, I recently lost the phone, but had lots of valuable information stored. Where can I find that information on the computer? Its on Desktop Manager for a Mac.
    12-03-09 11:57 AM
    I'm not familiar with a Mac but I know on windows that back ups are stored as an .ipd file, seems sensible to try searching those files out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 12:21 PM
    On Macs they're actually .bbb files. I found mine in /username/documents/BlackBerry Backups/*.bbb

I suppose that's either the default location, or the location I specified. In any event, hopefully this points you in the right direction!!
    12-03-09 12:28 PM
    On Macs they're actually .bbb files. I found mine in /username/documents/BlackBerry Backups/*.bbb

I suppose that's either the default location, or the location I specified. In any event, hopefully this points you in the right direction!!
    Thanks for stepping in. My Mac knowledge is very limited. I'm sure this will assist the OP.

12-03-09 01:32 PM
    I found the file, any way I can open it up on the computer?
    12-03-09 06:31 PM
    How can I open these files up? I cant open it on my 9700 since my OS is different
    12-04-09 07:02 PM
    How can I open these files up? I cant open it on my 9700 since my OS is different
    I don't think there is any way to view those files on a computer, never heard of it any way. Someone else might be more knowlegable to help you with this.

But, you should just be able to do a restore in DM from the 9630 file to the 9700 and all that info will be on the 9700.
    12-04-09 08:28 PM
    You could look at this. I haven't used it myself but have seen it mentioned on threads before.

Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD and BBB files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor

12-05-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD