Hi everyone i am new to this site i just got 8900 for t-mobile it came with documents to go standard edition i register and it told me there is an update to 1.007 i had 1.003 so i update via phone interface but know when i try to install another program with alx extension it either want to downgrade or remove the update is there another way to install alx files or is there a fix for desktop software so it leaves document to go alone and no i cant delete it from the list either

thanx for your help
    07-25-09 01:14 PM
    Welcome to CB Spyder. Heres a solution.
    This solution will not technically fix the problem in the Desktop Manager software, but it will prevent the problem from happening. It should take less time than downloading and installing an update for the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    1. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager if it is running
    2. Browse to the following location on your computer:
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\"device software"\
      NOTE: The "device software" folder typically has the model number of the phone in its name (8800, 8100, etc).
    3. Inside the "device software" folder, locate the file called DocumentsToGo.alx (or DocumentsToGo47.alx)
    4. Rename this file to DocumentsToGo.old (or DocumentsToGo47.old)
    Renaming that file will prevent the Desktop Manager from being able to find the older version of Documents To Go, so therefore it will not be able to restore the older version to your BlackBerry.
    This info is found here on the dataviz site. DocID: 14193 - Blackberry Desktop Manager downgrades Documents To Go to an older version.
    07-25-09 01:19 PM
    hi thanx for the feedback but i am running windows vista x64 i an cant find those location even if i search for them try various other place and still nothing iu a running DM 5.0 perhaps that is the problem ?
    07-25-09 02:08 PM
    Well to find the exact shared\loader file you would need your OS version installed on your pc. For 64 it would be something like this C:\ProgramFiles(*86)/CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\shared\

07-25-09 02:19 PM
    i stll cant find any of the info you post put i did manage to find a work around for it i just

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\

there i loaded a program call loader.exe i was able to bypass DM 5.0 alltogether Woohoo thank you for your help heresy
    07-25-09 03:52 PM