The playbook can be paired to a bluetooth keyboard, and connected to a large tv. It actually works great. It also can be ran using my z30. I have 4 playbooks since day 1. They all work, and the batteries are still strong. Adding Blend to the PB will be a great mobile feature.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 02:02 PM
    The browser on the PB is JUNK.

Snaps shut Andis sloooowww.

Pass.....

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    sean3089 likes this.
    08-26-14 04:09 PM
    The browser on the PB is JUNK.

Snaps shut Andis sloooowww.

Pass.....

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    Try the Origami browser. You might like it again...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-26-14 05:38 PM
    I don't considere the PlayBook as an obsolete tablet, in fact, most people these days are buying tablet with less hardware than the PlayBook.

The "obsolete" condition is cause BlackBerry is focused on other things and doesn't want to invest on developing a lighter version of BB10 for it, just imagine if the announce a surprisingly update!?

Anyway, the hole idea behind the PlayBook was to have a dumb tablet just to get the phone content on bigger screens...

Best wallpaper channel: C002103C3 Wall Paper Wednesday
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-26-14 07:02 PM
    I use my PB every day is my main deck vice for browsing paying bills, my streamer for movies and all Internet related. My 2 net books has become unusable due to lag and slowness. So now mainly are used to install BB leaks and printing. (BB10 is behind on printer APPs)

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.3.0.1052
    08-26-14 08:04 PM
    I don't know why people feel the need to post 'wow are people still using their PlayBooks' type of posts. What business is it of yours?

Yes, it's obsolete, yes there are lots of new ones out there. Personally, I don't yet feel the pressing need to replace it. I have a 6 year old TV and a 10 year old microwave I don't see the pressing need to replace either. I don't feel a desperate desire to go on the OS7 device threads and sneer at those who use them either by the way. So why here?

For those that still use their PlayBooks this will be useful. End of.

Posted via CB10
    Sensitive much?

It was an honest question because I was pretty curious who still uses his PlayBook and to what degree, that he would consider Blend to be huge. In my world,the PlayBook is as dead as a product could be.
    And since this is a worldwide community, I thought that I just might ask what is on my mind.

There was exactly no other reason, so don't get this defensive please.
    No harm was intended, there is no agenda and a question can sometimes only be a question.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 12:43 AM
    Yep

Owner of BlackBerry Z10
    08-27-14 12:56 AM
    Sensitive much?

It was an honest question because I was pretty curious who still uses his PlayBook and to what degree, that he would consider Blend to be huge. In my world,the PlayBook is as dead as a product could be.
    And since this is a worldwide community, I thought that I just might ask what is on my mind.

There was exactly no other reason, so don't get this defensive please.
    No harm was intended, there is no agenda and a question can sometimes only be a question.

Posted via CB10
    Not sensitive at all, you can do what you like. But since you don't do the same on a 9900 thread or question when it comes up, I find it puzzling that you do here. Seems pretty pointless to me.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 02:34 PM
    I sadly won't be using this on my PlayBook. The reasons I want Blend is big screen (for my laptop and desktop) and typing with a keyboard which is faster and more accurate

Posted via CB10
    I got an OEM Bluetooth Mini Keyboard for that very reason. I can use it as a tablet or a mini laptop.
    08-28-14 08:08 AM
    Not sensitive at all, you can do what you like. But since you don't do the same on a 9900 thread or question when it comes up, I find it puzzling that you do here. Seems pretty pointless to me.

Posted via CB10
    I don't do the same with a 9900, because half of my posts are from discussions about BBOS vs BB10

One might say, I've already done this, so I just don't care about that theme anymore.
    People use their 9900 and proclaim that it is the best device in history.

I stay away from those discussions nowadays, because it's just not good for my blood pressure.

The BBOS crowd is also rather vocal, so you will know, that they still use it.
    The same doesn't apply to the PlayBook though.

And since this was off-topic, I'll go load some 10.3 on my Z10 and I'll enjoy my vacation!
    Have fun Banco!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 08:45 AM
    I have this mental picture of Playbook007 's four Playbooks all connected to his old TV via some massive HDMI hub. Wires everywhere.
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-28-14 10:40 AM
    I have this mental picture of Playbook007 's four Playbooks all connected to his old TV via some massive HDMI hub. Wires everywhere.
    Well no not exactly. One is permanently connected to my Denon receiver, which controls the surround sound and all HDMI feeds into the 66" Panasonic plasma TV. So it is like having a peripheral device. However, using my z30, I control it from my lazy boy. It makes any tv a smarter tv. Music videos shake the house! The others are all on the go. Travel, work, family members etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 02:09 PM
    Hopefully someone with a BB10 phone (if I could find one in my area) will now want to buy my two dust covered playbooks, if this "coming soon" update ever sees the light of day.
    08-28-14 02:42 PM
    Hopefully someone with a BB10 phone (if I could find one in my area) will now want to buy my two dust covered playbooks, if this "coming soon" update ever sees the light of day.
    You might want to keep the batteries charged up if you plan on selling them.

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-28-14 03:18 PM
    You might want to keep the batteries charged up if you plan on selling them.

Posted via CB10
    Yep they are kept charged as backups for music streaming by the pool to the Bose Soundlink. About all I use them for now. My andy tab and HTC phone have taken over the heavy lifting.
    08-28-14 03:23 PM
    with the release of Blend, I hope they will release a blue toothed dumb-screen for BB10 devices!!

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    08-28-14 07:14 PM
    with the release of Blend, I hope they will release a blue toothed dumb-screen for BB10 devices!!

Posted via CB10
    But you can use Blend with a smart device...
    08-28-14 11:17 PM
    dumb device would be cheaper, thinner, lighter, with longer battery life

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 11:26 PM
    dumb device would be cheaper, thinner, lighter, with longer battery life

Posted via CB10
    So BlackBerry doesn't sell many phones and most owners already have a tablet so what are the odds of any BB10 owner buying a dumb tablet that is unlikely to be much cheaper than a real tablet? Not enough to warrant the engineering cost. The tethered tablet acting as a larger screen for your small screen like a bridge is a failed idea.
    08-28-14 11:48 PM
    You know that the Playbook isn't COMPLETELY dead, right?

Any apps that are submitted to BB World are evaluated for the Playbook as well. Any that are compatible are offered there as well.

Also, I have no authority to go by here other than my own speculation, but it's not completely out of the question that there might be some kind of minor OS update for the Playbook prior to Blend's release. It might need one to be able to run Blend...

At the very least, I think it's at least decent that BlackBerry is making the effort to keep the Playbook compatible with BB10 devices.
    DrBoomBotz and anon(6038817) like this.
    08-29-14 12:27 AM
    I don't know why people feel the need to post 'wow are people still using their PlayBooks' type of posts. What business is it of yours?

Yes, it's obsolete, yes there are lots of new ones out there. Personally, I don't yet feel the pressing need to replace it. I have a 6 year old TV and a 10 year old microwave I don't see the pressing need to replace either. I don't feel a desperate desire to go on the OS7 device threads and sneer at those who use them either by the way. So why here?

For those that still use their PlayBooks this will be useful. End of.

Posted via CB10
    Wow you're still using an old TV and microwave?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 05:47 AM
    Wow you're still using an old TV and microwave?

Posted via CB10
    Yes mate. I'm a high tech luddite dontyerknow....

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-29-14 05:02 PM
    Yes mate. I'm a high tech luddite dontyerknow....

Posted via CB10
    I own and use a mechanical typewriter.
    08-29-14 05:06 PM
    I own and use a mechanical typewriter.
    I prefer to employ slaves personally...

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 05:18 PM
    As soon as Blend was announced I was looking for ways to get it on my PB. Bit with Blend needing Runtime 4.4 even if someone converted the APK to a BAR it wouldn't run. We need the Runtime then the PlayBook Will rise from the grave MUAWHAHA

Posted via CB10
    Creaturefear likes this.
    09-24-14 06:53 PM
54 123