On the Blackberry website, the Apps that they have (free and paid) are all OTA downloads. Since I do not have a data plan, I do not have a Browser icon, therefore I cannot access the internet through my Tour. Is there any way to access these OTA apps and download them to my Desktop and manually load them into my Tour with DM? Thank you in advance
    09-01-09 02:36 AM
    I was planning on trying to figure this out this week as my sister just got a Tour on a student plan without a data plan, just like you.

Hopefully someone replies and saves me the trouble

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 02:39 AM
    If the app you want is available with the file extension of .ALX or .COD you can load that ALX or COD file with DM and load it onto your device.

Last edited by danoh; 09-01-09 at 05:18 AM.
    09-01-09 05:15 AM
    What carrier are you with? I thought that data plans were required for all Blackberry devices. What is a "student plan"?

09-01-09 06:11 AM
    He's with Telus. Wish you could see more info on wap, I know
    09-01-09 06:17 AM
    Yep, and I wish that Verizon offered similar options!

09-01-09 06:36 AM
    I know that if you get the .alx file you can load it through Desktop Manager to the Tour but is it possible to get the Apps from the Blackberry website as .alx files? Because all they are offering for all of their apps is through OTA..
    09-01-09 10:39 PM
    Why in the world would you purchase a BlackBerry with no data plan?
    09-01-09 10:41 PM
    Why in the world would you purchase a BlackBerry with no data plan?
    Hey I agree. However my sister-in-law is a first-time BB owner, so she doesn't know what she's missing. Plus the TELUS student plan includes unlimited text, BBM, Facebook, and Windows Live Messenger, so it's not quite as bad as it sounds.

Has anyone experimented with the via-PC version of App World yet? Anyway to download to desktop?

09-05-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD