I dont know about you guys, but the desktop manager's icon on the desktop looks pretty ugly to me. Since I use DM almost daily, I really wanted the shortcut on my desktop- but dang it was fugggly and blurry.
    I created my own and had some positive feedback from other Blackberry users at work, so I decided to share with you all.

Please, if you guys have .ico of your own, share em!

what do you think?

file can be downloaded by right click and doing "save file".

from here: Berry8900.ico (windows)

Dont be fooled by the size of the ico file shown on the browser. The icon is capable of doing 128x128 pixel icons on the desktop.
    Save the Berry8900.ico somewhere on your computer and then assign it to your desktop manager shortcut.

Here's the mac icns

Berry8900.icns

BlackBerry Storm 9500 9530 Att Tmobile verizon tmo rogers o2 vodaphone sprint nextel DM RIM Latest OS Internet Browser MMS GPs Bold 9000 Curve II Javelin 8900 Curve 8330 8320 8310 8300 World 8830 8820 8810 8800 Pearl Flip 8220 Pearl 8130 8120 8110 8100 8700c 8700g 7290 apple mac macintosh windows xp vista icon ico icns
    Last edited by dannieloco; 04-18-09 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Added link
    03-18-09 07:01 PM
    Yuk, vista!

You may be able to change it or it might be compiled in the executable file. It just depends.
    03-18-09 07:04 PM
    Yuk, vista!
    I knew there'd be a comment or two..

Im Danny, Im 27, and Im a PC.
    03-18-09 07:08 PM
    dude that icon is great. Thanks.

do you think you can tell me where i can get that dock that you have?
    03-18-09 07:13 PM
    dude that icon is great. Thanks.

do you think you can tell me where i can get that dock that you have?
    Glad you liked it! I really like looking at that icon over looking at the original crappy one...

Its Dell Dock. Dell sends them with certain pc's, and it came with my M1330 laptop. Not sure if it installs on any pc though cause it verifies if it's installing on a dell/XPS system first..
    03-18-09 07:15 PM
    oh ok thanks cool. thanks for the info and icon
    03-18-09 07:22 PM
    Why would you put that wart of an OS on your beautiful Mac? Just to run DM?
    03-18-09 07:45 PM
    Why would you put that wart of an OS on your beautiful Mac? Just to run DM?
    Its a pc.. not a mac.

ps. I like windoze
    Last edited by dannieloco; 03-18-09 at 07:54 PM.
    03-18-09 07:49 PM
    Its a pc.. not a mac.
    Ah. My error. Didn't read the title of the post well enough.

ps. I like windoze
    To each their own. I have better things to do with my time than spend it fixing Winblows. And Vista really blows.
    03-18-09 07:56 PM

... I have better things to do with my time than spend it fixing Winblows. And Vista really blows.
    Its how I make my money on the side.. fixing pc's on the weekends. lol.

Windows is great, especially vista. My pc runs smoothly all day everyday. But I know what u mean.. windows gets targeted by every virus/spyware/adware maker in the world. They know that "Globally, Apple commands a [small] 3.3 percent market share, up from 2.9 percent in 2007." So why target macs to get such a small group of people. Sucks, but speaking for myself, Im goooood. No viruses ever.

source: The Mac owns the U.S. Windows owns the world.
    Last edited by dannieloco; 03-18-09 at 08:10 PM.
    03-18-09 08:04 PM
    Vista works great on my PC...

and no Viruses
    03-18-09 08:09 PM
    Sorry but Vista is not "great". XP Professional is a different story.
    03-18-09 08:11 PM
    I haven't had any issues with Vista. It boots up really fast. It runs smooth is easy to use. Thats all I really need it for. I think most people that trash Vista never actually used it. I dont think there is anything wrong with a Mac either. Just not into paying 2k for a laptop.
    03-18-09 08:17 PM
    it works fine for me

Quicker than XP on my laptop
    03-18-09 08:17 PM
    LOL, you guys use Vista if you like. I won't and I will be very happy for not doing it. For the record, I have used it and Windows XP Pro is much better.
    03-18-09 08:22 PM
    LOL, you guys use Vista if you like. I won't and I will be very happy for not doing it. For the record, I have used it and Windows XP Pro is much better.
    Can you explain how it works better? I never hear people give specific reasons why they are against it. I loved XP and I held on to it for a long time but for what I do on my PC I havent noticed any downside to Vista. Im not a gamer and I am not a developer so I can not speak in those areas, I am just a casual user that mostly uses my PC for Office related functions, web surfing, downloading and burning music/movies/software.
    03-18-09 08:26 PM
    vista + xp + mac = we're all family =)

It's like saying os .133 is better than .174 or .114

its all opinion based and preference
    03-18-09 08:26 PM
    If you are doing video or image editing you'll need a mac; For everything else, there's a PC.

I've never primarily used a mac, so I automatically hate them. I don't like using something I don't know how to use. I've been a pc tech for 8 years now and the bit of mac usage I have had was a nightmare. I still can't get past the one button mouse.
    03-18-09 08:27 PM
    If you are doing video or image editing you'll need a mac; For everything else, there's a PC.

I've never primarily used a mac, so I automatically hate them. I don't like using something I don't know how to use. I've been a pc tech for 8 years now and the bit of mac usage I have had was a nightmare. I still can't get past the one button mouse.
    You do not need a Mac to do video or image editing, that is a huge fallacy people have. I am a software engineer mainly dealing with web applications at this time. I use many software development tools on a daily basis for coding, database management, etc, etc. I also use Photoshop to design and modify websites and website graphics. This is aside from the norm of Office, Firefox, etc. Windows XP is a much better OS for me. If you like Vista and do not have problems then go ahead and use it but its not for me.
    03-18-09 08:33 PM
    You do not need a Mac to do video or image editing, that is a huge fallacy people have. I am a software engineer mainly dealing with web applications at this time. I use many software development tools on a daily basis for coding, database management, etc, etc. I also use Photoshop to design and modify websites and website graphics. This is aside from the norm of Office, Firefox, etc. Windows XP is a much better OS for me. If you like Vista and do not have problems then go ahead and use it but its not for me.
    Well, hey, I'm in the same boat as you. I do the same stuff, coding, db management, etc along with photoshop for graphic editing. I use Windows XP for a few reasons, most of all, my computer isn't quite equipped for Vista yet. It'll run, but not the way I'd like to see it. I do run windows 7 on my other Partition occasionally to surf the web and the like though.

The reason I say Macs are good for those two things in particular is just because I've always seen people working on video editing on a Mac and its so crisp and precise. PC's always seem to lag during the rendering phases. It may be a fallacy, its been a while since I've done any video editing regardless. Maybe with today's newer technology and dual/quad cores, the PC would keep up...
    03-18-09 08:48 PM
    Dont mean to dig up an old thread. But if you like the dock on his desktop here is one you can skin and install on any PC.

Stardock ObjectDock

I use to run it alot. Works really well even on slower PC's. I have only used the free version. Only thing the paid version adds is the ability to have tabs on the dock.
    04-09-09 03:20 AM
    yeah I hear thats the company that makes the dell dock too.
    04-09-09 03:21 AM
    I wouldnt doubt it. Object Dock as been around for 10 years or so that i know of. I also believe its the only dock that works well on winblows. (I prefer linux but cant update my phone to easy with linux)

Here is a pic of my linux webserver that sits next to me.
    Sorry the pic is rather large, and the server is on a personal connection so its kinda slow on the upload.

http://dabbill.no-ip.info/Pictures/Screenshot-6.png
    04-09-09 03:27 AM
    Dont mean to dig up an old thread. But if you like the dock on his desktop here is one you can skin and install on any PC.

Stardock ObjectDock

I use to run it alot. Works really well even on slower PC's. I have only used the free version. Only thing the paid version adds is the ability to have tabs on the dock.

Wow, I've always wanted that! Installing as I type this!! whooo
    04-09-09 08:43 AM
    Is it possible to get the icon you made in a format that macs will recognize
    04-18-09 02:48 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD