Hi,

New to the BB world.
    Bought a BB Bold 9700 from a shop NOT from a carrier.
    Purchased a BB plan from a local carrier.

Once activated, the plan made all the expected features available: BBM, Push etc..
    But it has removed a few, like: syncing calendars, contacts etc. with my Mac/PC computers, telling me it is syncing remotely.
    Why is this happening?

My emails are "forwarded" to my BB: they did not configure one of my email accounts actually, they did create a new email address and all I had to do is forward my emails to that one.
    Is this okay?

I'd like to restore a few languages I've deleted, do I need to download the OS? If so, which version of the OS (my handheld is not locked with any service provider).

Thanks
    11-17-10 09:02 AM
    You can update to any of the carrier's OS's, but you need to delete the vendor.xml file beforehand. Download BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife and you'll have ease of use, also install desktop manager to backup your device.

You don't need to forward the e-mails to the bb e-mail address, you just have to click on the Setup/E-Mail setup and set it up to push e-mail to your device.

Remote sync might be a third party app, or it was configured that way. Check with your carrier and ask them why.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hregaya likes this.
    11-17-10 03:09 PM
    Hi,

Now I'm here (BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites) which one do I have to download please?

PS: in that page it says: "If you did not purchase your BlackBerry smartphone directly from Research In Motion (RIM), please select the link...."
    But as I said, I did not purchase my BB from any service provider.

Thanks
    11-23-10 12:50 PM
    PPS do I have a version of the OS in the original CD that came with my hand held?
    11-23-10 01:14 PM
    PPS do I have a version of the OS in the original CD that came with my hand held?
    It doesn't contain OS software.

If you didn't buy it from the carrier, you'll need to download one from the website, it has to match the carrier you use for your blackberry if you don't want to scramble and look for, then delete the vendor.xml file on your computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hregaya likes this.
    11-23-10 02:22 PM
    Okay downloading the one from Dubai's Etilsat since I do want to have English, French and Arabic. Is it the right choice?
    11-23-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD