06-26-14 04:42 AM
    The first video looked like it was cut out. Thanks Bla1ze! since you became Editor in Chef and good things are happening, where you been man :-D
    SteelGreek likes this.
    06-26-14 04:45 AM
    I am really curious as to why blend is not yet being released... this promotional video must have been made quite a whole ago...

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 04:50 AM
    I think blend requires 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    Basti89 likes this.
    06-26-14 05:11 AM
    I think blend requires 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    Correct
    06-26-14 05:29 AM
    Can't wait hope it won't for bes only

Posted via CB10
    SteelGreek likes this.
    06-26-14 05:56 AM
    Yup. Really hope it will be available to everyone, not just BES subscribers.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    SteelGreek likes this.
    06-26-14 06:06 AM
    I would be shocked if it is only available to BES users. I created an idea on blackberry.icanmakeitbetter and it was about consumer cloud services. Basically saying that BlackBerry is targeting enterprise more, but Chen made it clear he wants to stay in the consumer market, and as such I said that they can not launch a cloud service without consumers in mind.

I am proud to say it is the 8th highest rated idea on the website, and even the BlackBerry Admin on the site has commented and put the idea as "under review". Not sure if that means anything, but I really think BlackBerry understands that they can not launch AMAZING products like this and then leave the consumer out to dry!

Also the product is probably being refined to the point that they are 100% certain that anyone opening Blend can access their information no matter what product they access it with. It is a very big undertaking to allow any user to access their contacts, calendar, bbm, HUB, and even SMS on any single device they log into. Imagine just out on vacation and you stop in and go on a local computer and you can log in and reply to text messages from another country! That is an amazing feature, and one that BlackBerry has to be positive will work from any PC, MAC, and tablet in the market.

I would love to see it launched over the weekend, but if they want to take another month or 2 to refine it to perfection and add a couple features, then so be it! They have so many launches that people complain about half baked products...lets not make this another one! Launch it along side the Classic or Passport and just blow the roof off anyone who sees the technology! Even Apple you can not go onto iCloud on their website and access iMessages and SMS...Contacts and Calendars have been done before, but to allow for this tight integration between phone and any single device is outstanding!

Can NOT wait for this bad boy to launch!

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....der=vote_count
    chrisru likes this.
    06-26-14 10:54 AM
    Apple are also doing something similar https://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/continuity/#mn_p

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 02:22 PM
    Nice! Can't wait for it

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 02:30 PM
    Apple are also doing something similar https://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/continuity/#mn_p

Posted via CB10
    In Apple's implementation you don't need any third-party app. Everything is implemented and tightly connected with OS.

You can't anything like that from Blend. Blend will probably run in browser or as standalone browser packed as app. Notifications in OS are possible but don't except them as "cool" as Apple shown.

Posted via CB10
    At 57 seconds the keyboard is one that is in 10.2. Does this mean that the 10.2 branch will get blend?
    In Apple's implementation you don't need any third-party app. Everything is implemented and tightly connected with OS.

You can't anything like that from Blend. Blend will probably run in browser or as standalone browser packed as app. Notifications in OS are possible but don't except them as "cool" as Apple shown.

Posted via CB10
    ...if you have a Mac

BlackBerry's solution is miles better, since it will work with any OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 02:42 PM
    who is going to be first to market and also be able to sustain the use? I see Google is coming out with similar also from their recent Google I/O conference.
    06-26-14 02:47 PM
    ...if you have a Mac

Posted via CB10
    Hope, you're right :-)

I'm hoping that Blend will be something supreme, awesome. Something that just works, not like Link which is the most buggy app I've ever seen. Hope that will be better that any "android phone remote control app via web".

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 02:57 PM
    Reply to SMS via Blend... at the carrier rate where your phone is located and switched on?

Just a thought.

I wantz more BlackBerry goodness!
    06-26-14 03:58 PM
    ...if you have a Mac

BlackBerry's solution is miles better, since it won't involve a Iphone. My last phone brand before I moved to BlackBerry was Nokia. The only thing I missed was Nokia PC suit, which could edit contacts, send SMS messages over bluetooth from my PC. I'm amazed it has taken BlackBerry and Apple this long to do something similar with their software. I'm glad blackberry are are doing this, it's great to edit things and send messages with a full size PC keyboard and screen. Just a shame Apple are doing it at the same time, though it is typically short sighted of them to make it only compatible with their own devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 04:14 PM
    Blend just seems to be getting better and better, I want to get Blend more than any new device, and it appears that us Work Only / Regulated businesses will be able to use it as well.

Is it time for a new 'Blend' sub forum ?.
    06-27-14 06:21 AM
    06-27-14 07:38 AM
    Blend just seems to be getting better and better, I want to get Blend more than any new device, and it appears that us Work Only / Regulated businesses will be able to use it as well.

Is it time for a new 'Blend' sub forum ?.
    Time for a sub forum I think.

As for it being enterprise only via BES, I am doubting that highly.

Also this screenshot shows it is more likely to be for everyone:

Better BlackBerry Blend Retail Demo video-crackberry-image-13-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    pcguy514 likes this.
    06-27-14 07:48 AM
    Bla1ze, when do you sleep man? I hope you're at least taking little cat naps throughout your day. Love the dedication though.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 10:08 AM
    Time for a sub forum I think.

As for it being enterprise only via BES, I am doubting that highly.

Also this screenshot shows it is more likely to be for everyone:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image(13).jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	280932

Posted via CB10
    Blend = replace of crappy Link?

Please, that sounds promising!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 11:31 AM
    Bla1ze, when do you sleep man? I hope you're at least taking little cat naps throughout your day. Love the dedication though.

Posted via CB10
    He doesn't. Only drinks more energy drinks

Sent through Tapatalk on my Verizon Z30 running 10.3.0.296/.441

My boring channel but with Frenchie puppy pics
    06-27-14 12:45 PM
    Anyone knows what is happening to Fuse?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 01:32 PM
    Looks awesome and exactly what a lot of folks need/want. I have quite a few people asking me all the time when a desktop program is coming out. This is fantastic.

The Z10
    06-27-14 01:40 PM
29 12