The BBDM update that rolled out yesterday (7.0.4.x.x) hoses up organizer synch. (Bold 9780)

My carrier set up a support call with RIM, whose wonderful response was, "we are aware of it and are working on it"....."you'll have to wait until we get it resolved"

to which I replied:

"like you're working on e-mail support for tablets and the next OS release?" which was followed by stunning silence.

I asked if they could point me to a DL so I coul reinstall the LAST WORKING version of BBDM, and they said that was not possible... (what a bunch of morons).

So I dug out my old CD and I am reinstalling the old one. Wish me luck !
    sagec likes this.
    02-16-12 12:59 PM
    I was able to download and install and the new update ok, mind you I had to use the external download site that was posted on the forums but it worked fine for me.

Maybe try again today.

Good Luck.
    02-16-12 01:14 PM
    I was able to download and install and the new update ok, mind you I had to use the external download site that was posted on the forums but it worked fine for me.

Maybe try again today.

Good Luck.
    you running Win7x64 Pro? Just curious... RIM openly acknowedged "issues"
    02-16-12 01:34 PM
    I am running windows 7, but I'm 32bit version.

That could be the difference. Sorry.

hope you get it figures out.
    02-16-12 01:37 PM
    I didn't have any problems either. Running XP Pro 64-bit. And I updated right from DM after it gave me the update notice.

If you want an older version of DM, check your carrier's software portal for RIM software - the place you might check for OS updates from your carrier. Some carriers, like AT&T, offer all the previous versions of DM there along with all the previous OS's they released.

In fact, AT&T has DM going back to 4.6. They already have 7 as well.
    02-16-12 04:56 PM
    Windows 7 64bit home..

No problems with backup/sync on my BB 9800..

But cant backup or sync with the Playbook.
    02-16-12 05:15 PM
    Strange. I updated DM yesterday before updating to 7.1.0.258 on my 9810. Worked fine. Synched my Playbook after that, no problems. Am running Windows 7 64.
    02-16-12 05:33 PM
    I'm still hosed after numerous attempts. Jumping the hoops now to clean the registry for it to allow me to downgrade to BBDM6
    02-16-12 06:13 PM
    Tried to the update thru the DM. It downloaded the 111MB of data and started to perform the update. During the update, the desktop icon flashed then disappeared. I waited for a minute or so, thinking it was still updating. But the software was gone. Nothing. No BB DM. So I went to the BB site and downloaded it again, installed and now it won't sync, or even find my playbook.

I tried to uninstall DM7, but it won't even uninstall.

When I plug in the playbook, and start the DM, it continues to try and install something, not sure what as nothing shows on the screen other than the windows installer box.

Any pointers? Using Win 7, x64.
    Last edited by PowderJockey; 02-16-12 at 07:31 PM.
    02-16-12 07:21 PM
    Windows 7 64bit home..

No problems with backup/sync on my BB 9800..

But cant backup or sync with the Playbook.
    Same, finally got it to sync with outlook, but created 3-4 duplicates.

Spent an hour cleaning it up, then installed V6.
    02-16-12 07:48 PM
    I did download Desktop manager 7.0 without any problem.

even I use windows 7 with 32 bits.
    02-16-12 08:08 PM
    Tried to the update thru the DM. It downloaded the 111MB of data and started to perform the update. During the update, the desktop icon flashed then disappeared. I waited for a minute or so, thinking it was still updating. But the software was gone. Nothing. No BB DM. So I went to the BB site and downloaded it again, installed and now it won't sync, or even find my playbook.

I tried to uninstall DM7, but it won't even uninstall.

When I plug in the playbook, and start the DM, it continues to try and install something, not sure what as nothing shows on the screen other than the windows installer box.

Any pointers? Using Win 7, x64.
    kinda like my problem....if i get some wisdom from RIM tomorrow, I'll post it ( no playbook here, just 9780)
    02-16-12 08:37 PM
    Maybe your computer needs the update. Works great.
    02-16-12 08:43 PM
    I'm still hosed after numerous attempts. Jumping the hoops now to clean the registry for it to allow me to downgrade to BBDM6
    For all the people that have problems to uninstall the BBDM7, i use the program YourUninstaller 2012, it works better then Windows Uninstaller. Your Uninstaller! 7 - Uninstall any unwanted software/program completely.

It first uninstall any program you want, after that always select (if program ask for it) NOT RESTART. Then YourUninstaller search in Register and in the Windows system folders, program files to clear all left-overs of the program.

After that i do extra CCleaner, and restart then all of the program is gone.

p.s. What i did before installing BBDM7 i updated Windows XP (on my laptop) and Vista 32bit (on my normal pc), and then i installed BBDM7, works great here with 2x BB9780 and 2x BBPB 16gb.

Danny
    Last edited by DGloudemans; 03-05-13 at 02:05 PM.
    wrusprod likes this.
    02-17-12 01:37 PM
    For all the people that have problems to uninstall the BBDM7, i use the program YourUninstaller 2012, it works better then Windows Uninstaller. Your Uninstaller! 7 - Uninstall any unwanted software/program completely.

It first uninstall any program you want, after that always select (if program ask for it) NOT RESTART. Then YourUninstaller gaat zoeken in Register and in the Windows system folders, program files to clear al left-overs of the program.

p.s. What i did before installing BBDM7 i updated Windows XP (on my laptop) and Vista 32bit (on my normal pc), and then i installed BBDM7, works great here with 2x BB9780 and 2x BBPB 16gb.

Danny
    That is good input. I tried the same approach on Win7x64 without good results. I tried the same approach with REVO uninstaller having to the most intense clean-up after the "factory" uninstall. Still no dice.

I am getting the impression after talking to RIM that the issue is most accute with Win7x64.

You seem to indicate you are on XP and Vista.... interesting. Any of the aforementioned OSs 64bit?
    02-17-12 02:14 PM
    That is good input. I tried the same approach on Win7x64 without good results. I tried the same approach with REVO uninstaller having to the most intense clean-up after the "factory" uninstall. Still no dice.

I am getting the impression after talking to RIM that the issue is most accute with Win7x64.

You seem to indicate you are on XP and Vista.... interesting. Any of the aforementioned OSs 64bit?
    Im both on 32bit, but my main pc, is a 64bit chip, but im still using 32bit OS.
    02-17-12 04:36 PM

It first uninstall any program you want, after that always select (if program ask for it) NOT RESTART. Then YourUninstaller gaat zoeken in Register and in the Windows system folders, program files to clear al left-overs of the program.

Danny
    Finally! an Answer that worked!!!...I loaded the trial for free, went into the Unistall list, found DM7..deleted it! thank you!.

can a moderator, possibly post this somewhere so others can use this program...Lots of others with same issue..
    02-19-12 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD