I downloaded the trial office 2010 and the BBDM 6. I still cannot see outlook as an option to select when setting up the sync for calender, tasks etc. Have deleted and reinstaled bbdm twice as well as office 2010. Very frustrated as i have a busuness to run................Thanks in advance for any help

32 bit
    windows vista
    08-16-10 06:34 AM
    If DM upgraded automatically you will have to download it from BB site, uninstall the copy on your PC and reinstall the new copy.

Also if you have MS Office 2010 64 bit it won't work. I just found out the hard way.
    08-16-10 11:22 AM
    Thanks for the replay. I am running 32 bit office (as well as my Vista) and i already made sure I deleted BBDM after the automatic update and reinstalled directly from there site (nice and clean). I cannot seem to figure this one out. I may not be a computer wiz but im not stupid by any means. This is driving me nuts. Have not been able to sync for two weeks now and that includes backing up my phone. I will be in a world of hate to lose the info from my phone. Any other options? I cannot be the only one with this issue. Thanks again in advance!!!
    08-16-10 06:15 PM
    Thanks for the replay. I am running 32 bit office (as well as my Vista) and i already made sure I deleted BBDM after the automatic update and reinstalled directly from there site (nice and clean). I cannot seem to figure this one out. I may not be a computer wiz but im not stupid by any means. This is driving me nuts. Have not been able to sync for two weeks now and that includes backing up my phone. I will be in a world of hate to lose the info from my phone. Any other options? I cannot be the only one with this issue. Thanks again in advance!!!
    Try uninstalling DM, clean your registry using CCleaner (free to download and use), reboot, run the Office install repair tool (inside your Office folder), reboot again, reinstall DM.... this has worked for other people with a similar problem.
    08-17-10 04:33 PM
    Try uninstalling DM, clean your registry using CCleaner (free to download and use), reboot, run the Office install repair tool (inside your Office folder), reboot again, reinstall DM.... this has worked for other people with a similar problem.
    Thanks but this did not work either. im begining to think that going back to office 7 may be my only option. Not to sure what to do now???
    08-18-10 07:26 AM
    If DM upgraded automatically you will have to download it from BB site, uninstall the copy on your PC and reinstall the new copy.

Also if you have MS Office 2010 64 bit it won't work. I just found out the hard way.

Yea Me to Just installd Office 2010 and cant sybnc my bold need 64 bit software from Rim Whats up with that

Mark in Ct
    08-18-10 10:45 AM
    Last I knew the BB Desktop didn't work with any Office 2010 32 or 64 bit. I uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled just Outlook XP to continue synching to Outlook here at work.
    08-18-10 10:49 AM
    Last I knew the BB Desktop didn't work with any Office 2010 32 or 64 bit. I uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled just Outlook XP to continue synching to Outlook here at work.
    The new DM6 works ONLY with OL2010 32 bit version. RIM has said that the 64 bit compatibility will be for 2011. MS suggests users to install the 32 bit version of Outlook 2010.
    08-18-10 12:41 PM
    I have the 32bit office and DM6 with no luck in even seeing outlook in the intellisync set up. If its not there to select as an application then what? I just dont understand what the gap is with my system is while this works fine for most others. I has to be something silly to repair but what is the question at hand. I dont want to downgrade to office 7 but it loks that way so far..................
    08-18-10 04:40 PM
    I have the 32bit office and DM6 with no luck in even seeing outlook in the intellisync set up. If its not there to select as an application then what? I just dont understand what the gap is with my system is while this works fine for most others. I has to be something silly to repair but what is the question at hand. I dont want to downgrade to office 7 but it loks that way so far..................

Ivor_mcc...did you find a solution to your issue? I have the same setup and am having the same issues. I have uninstalled DM6 and reinstalled with no luck. I really need to get this resolved ASAP my computer crashed two days ago and all of my contact information is on my Blackberry. Thanks for the help.
    08-31-10 09:05 AM
    I finally fixed my issue. when I installed Office 2010 on my new computer, it automatically installed a version called "Click to Run" I uninstalled Office 2010 and then used the following steps to download to regular 32bit version.

If Office 2010 Click-to-Run does not meet your needs, you can uninstall it.
    Then, install Office 2010 by using a method other than Click-to-Run. To do this, follow these steps:

Uninstall the Click-to-Run version of Office 2010 from Control Panel.

Visit the site where you purchased Office 2010, and sign in with the same Live ID that you used when you first purchased Office 2010.

Click the My Account link at the top of the home page to access your Office downloads.

Click the Download button for the suite that you purchased, and then click the Advanced Options link under the Download Now button.

There is a version of Office 2010 listed that is not Click-to-Run and that does not require an available Q: drive.
    One easy check to see if you have the same issue I had is to click on the Windows Start Menu and then select Default Programs. If Microsoft Office does not show up...you are probably running "Click to Run" and need to follow the steps above to resolve.
    08-31-10 11:28 AM
    I downloaded the trial office 2010 and the BBDM 6. I still cannot see outlook as an option to select when setting up the sync for calender, tasks etc. Have deleted and reinstaled bbdm twice as well as office 2010. Very frustrated as i have a busuness to run................Thanks in advance for any help

32 bit
    windows vista
    You can try to complete software from market. otherwise you can download the outlook patch and bbdm upgrade to use the outlook....
    12-15-10 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD