All of the sudden, BB Link is not working properly.

Appointments are not syncing to the calendar on my phone - Link freezes if I try to go in and configure the calendar sync settings.

Tried to uninstall - went through the whole process in Control Panel - then restarted PC. SOMEHOW - Link is still there and opens. Also stilll shows in Control Panel. But if It try to remove/uninstall again it tells me that can only be done for programs that are installed.

arrgggghhh

So I downloaded the MS Fix It Tool - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/..._and_uninstall - but when I run it it is not finding anything by RIM or BlackBerry.

There is however a "program not listed option" but when I try to run that it asks me for the program's product code - :

BB Link not working - can't uninstall - anyone know its product code?-capture.png

Is there like a universal product code for BlackBerry Link - or am I way off understanding what they're asking for?

Thanks for your help.
    07-22-15 08:05 PM
    What's your os on PC? 8.1? Tried reinstall of link software itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-22-15 08:11 PM
    Thanks zocster

I'm using Vista. Yes, I reinstalled - first it was freezing.

Now my phone says "Connected" when I plug into the USB but Link is not seeing it and keeps showing Disconnected.

So now I deleted the BlackBerry ID account from my Z10 - but I don't see a way to add it back under Add Accounts. How can I restore it?
    07-23-15 12:07 PM
    Looks like it wants your Office code not anything from your BB. How did you delete your BBID?
    07-23-15 12:23 PM
    kbz1960 I went into Settings > Accounts and the BB ID account was with my email accounts.

The thing is now I can't restore it/add it back - when I click on Add Account I do not get a choice to add the BB ID one.
    07-23-15 12:40 PM
    OK, so you deleted the email account that is associated with your BBID. That does not remove your BBID from your phone. You should be to just reinstall the email account.
    07-23-15 12:43 PM
    I found it - it's not under "Add Accounts" - it's under Setup (like part of the original phone setup options - that's where I'll need to reassociate the email account with the BB ID.

Let's see what that does.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-23-15 12:52 PM
    Unless you actually deleted your BBID, which I doubt it, sounds like you just deleted the email account you used for your BBID from your phone. That would not effect the BBID on your phone or the email account it is associated with.
    07-23-15 12:55 PM
    OK so I reassociated the email address with the BB ID - everything went OK - got confirmation in my email that BB ID was "modified."

However, the BB ID "account" is STILL not showing up where it did before I deleted it.

Before I deleted it, it showed under Settings > Accounts > BlackBerry Accounts

My 3 email accounts were there (including the one associated with the BB ID) and under them, was a BB ID (or something like that forget what it was called) but it said Contacts, Calendar (or something like that).

That Account/icon is now gone, and has not restored even though I reassociated the BB ID with the email address on the phone.
    07-23-15 12:59 PM
    I see nothing to do with BBID in accounts. How about a screen shot?

Edit: or anything that says blackberry accounts.

Are you on a BES?
    07-23-15 01:08 PM
    kbz I wish I would have taken a snapshot before I deleted the account. It was UNDER the 3 email accounts you'll see there - it was the account that synced my calendar and contacts between my PC/Outlook and the phone.

BB Link not working - can't uninstall - anyone know its product code?-img_20150723_141812.png
    07-23-15 01:53 PM
    I still see nothing about blackberry accounts. Not sure where you're getting that from.

07-23-15 02:17 PM
    Maybe we have different software versions?

This is my Z10 - Settings > Accounts. The main settings - the ones you access from swiping down from the top of the screen.
    07-23-15 03:22 PM
    @kbz1960

I got it back - I did a complete reinstall as per this article (even though it's old) - How to Perform a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Now the account is showing again, like I had told you before...

BB Link not working - can't uninstall - anyone know its product code?-img_20150724_095321.png

But I am still having same problem.

The **moment** I click on "Configure" in Contacts OR Calendar, Link crashes.

BB Link not working - can't uninstall - anyone know its product code?-capture.png

Let me know if I should start separate thread for this crash issue.
    07-24-15 09:06 AM
    What happens if you reset settings?
    07-24-15 10:09 AM
    I tried that, and then went back in to Configure...and froze - the reason I *need* to configure is that it's probably set up for a TWO way sync. I don't want to do that because all contacts and calendar appointments have been wiped out from my Z10. I don't want to take a chance that it will wipe out all my calendars and contacts in Outlook. So I need to make sure the initial sync is ONE way from PC/Outlook to Z10.
    07-24-15 11:11 AM
    What if you forget the device and then re add it? Maybe can start from scratch then?
    07-24-15 11:20 AM