BB Link Installation Error-1.png

Getting this error when trying to install BlackBerry Link. I've exhausted everything I can think of and have tried every solution Google has to offer. Anyone found a solution to this?
    03-18-13 04:41 PM
    Use system restore to return your pc to an earlier state. Then wait for Blackberry to fix Link.....
    03-19-13 02:20 PM
    System Restore has been disabled on this computer *doh*
    03-20-13 06:00 PM
    So here's the story behind this maybe it will help any.

The computer became unable to boot into Windows for unknown reasons. The customer ran a non-destructive Windows repair using their Windows 7 installation CD. They were then able to boot into Windows again. They upgraded from an older BlackBerry to the Z10 so they uninstalled the old BlackBerry Desktop software and downloaded the new BlackBerry Link software. It gets into the installation and then before it completes it throws the error "Some of the installation files from the previous versions of the software could not be removed. Make sure that no other installation is using these files". The installer then proceeds to rollback and we're left with nothing. I've went through the steps to manually remove the BlackBerry Desktop software by deleting the registry entries, files, drivers and services and have rebooted so there should be no reason why anything would be using any of these "files" that I can see. As I mentioned the system restore has been disabled on this workstation and wiping it and rebuilding is not an option as it is a mission critical business pc.
    03-25-13 03:42 PM
    I have been attempting to install BlackBerry Link (101_b015_multilanguage.exe) on a notebook running Windows 7 64-bit and getting the following error message: "The wizard was interrupted before BlackBerry Link could be completely installed." However, I did nothing to interrupt the installation. Did not press "X" on any of the Windows. Only pressed �Yes� or "Next" when prompted.

My troubleshooting has been extensive. This is what I have tried:

• Re-downloading the file in case it was corrupt.
    • Rebooting.
    • Performing a Disk Cleanup of Temporary Files and emptying the Recycle Bin.
    • Deleting all files in "C:\. . .\AppData\Local\Temp".
    • Uninstalling BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    • Opening "101_b015_multilanguage.exe" with WinRAR, extracting the files to a folder, and running �setup.exe� as administrator.
    • Disabling the Firewall and Anti-virus
    • Deselecting all Services (other than Microsoft services) and all Startup items in System Configuration.
    • Disconnecting anything connected to the USB ports.

Every time the installation came to a point in which the following message appeared "Rolling back action" and the installation failed. The rolling back action always begins after "Starting services.�

I am hoping that someone from BlackBerry reads this thread and does something to get these installation issues fixed.
    03-27-13 08:08 AM
    Just picked up my Verizon Z10 yesterday and then attempted to set up BB Link too.
    Same issues.
    This, along with some networking difficulty in our offices (where my Bold 9930 worked flawlessly) has me very concerned.
    I am to be out of the office the second week of April and will go back to my Bold - and return the Z10 - unless these issues can be resolved.
    Disappointed.

Spent the weekend trying - retrying - uninstalled AV - shutdown everything I could think of - multiple time.
    No success.
    No one else figure this out?
    Last edited by TimLaL; 04-01-13 at 08:53 PM. Reason: more progress'
    03-29-13 11:19 AM
    so its been nearly a month since the last post , have any of you resolved the issue to installing link , I am have the exact same problem as the OP and have scoured the web for any fixes as there weren't many to begin with , I have done everything short of a complete OS install which I won't bother with just to install an application
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    04-20-13 10:42 PM
    Hello ? , Has anyone in this thread who experienced problems with this correct the issue?
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    04-26-13 09:16 PM
    Im having trouble to install BB Link also,, direct from blackberry web page and also via my Z10 connected to notebook USB, really frustrated
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    04-29-13 08:36 AM
    I am still fighting with it. Haven't been able to get BB Link installed.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    06-14-13 12:00 PM
    I posted this in another thread and do call me a clean freak, but this is my routine...

When I upgrade Link (and when I updated BBDM), I completely uninstalled the old version, then I would run Ccleaner (both the cleaner and the registry cleaner) and then I would restart my computer and install the new version. I don't know if it will help everyone, but I have had zero problems with installs.

Another user says: I totally agree. CCleaner will do the trick, cleans everything including the register, and nothing out there is better! Also make sure to uninstall the BBDM or Link using the control panel on your PC rather than just deleting it..Go to the menu button (W7) and click on Control Panel/ "Programs and Features". Search and find the actual BBDM file and uninstall it from there. You have to actually uninstall the program from there in order to get everything off the PC--all their files, and cookies, etc. Then reboot- and, then use the CCleaner-- then reboot again and reload the new link or BBDM download.Works everytime. BTW, I'm still using BBDM 6.1 as it is by far more stable! When I pick up the Q10, I will go through this exact series of steps as BBDM can't remain on the PC while running the newer Link software as they conflict with each other per BB and forum threads.
    go1ndr likes this.
    06-14-13 01:09 PM
    I am still fighting with it. Haven't been able to get BB Link installed.
    Wow... three months... talk about loyalty

Kah
    GreenCopperz and AlexB1227 like this.
    06-14-13 01:25 PM
    I'd also (just for the heck of it) search the PC for any remaining or hidden vendor.xml files from previous downloads. These Vendor branding files keep other downloads from being seen by your pc. If you have had any version of earlier Legacy (7.1 and below) on your PC there is a chance that they are hiding somewhere on the PC (maybe even in your recycle bin) and if they are, downloading newer OS's is out of the question. I wouldn't have figured this made a difference as the 10.x OS is so different but I read about it on the earlier BB10 forums. Can't speak from experience as I won't have to deal with it until next week (yeah!) but I've been researching everything possible about Link and Q10 since the announcement. Lastly I know that if you install Link on your PC while still having BBDM on the computer, you are asking for problem after problem. I didi it just to look at Link and play around with it and it hijacked my Outlook 2007 and wouldn't let me open it. BBDM and older downloads just do not play nice with Link and BB!0 in particular. Good Luck and I'll post once I have it on my PC and running my new Q10!
    AlexB1227 likes this.
    06-14-13 03:20 PM
    I too have been unable to install BBLink. Not on my home PC (windows 8), not at work (I have admin rights at work). Two different versions of Windows, same errors.

Please help!!
    06-24-13 12:54 PM
    Same issue here. Can someone PLEASE help, this issue is blatant and common and BlackBerry hasn't addressed this issue. Between Verizon not putting out the update and this. I'm highly frustrated.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:00 PM
    I still can't get Link to install. Even with the new version, still gives me the 'rolling back action' thing. Uninstalled BBDM with Revo Uninstaller, ran CCleaner, running installation file as Administrator; none of it works..pretty frustrating not being able to backup my phone..
    07-04-13 10:58 PM
    And people wonder why Blackberry's in trouble.

Posted via CB10
    SonyainTx likes this.
    07-10-13 07:49 AM
    I still can't get Link to install. Even with the new version, still gives me the 'rolling back action' thing. Uninstalled BBDM with Revo Uninstaller, ran CCleaner, running installation file as Administrator; none of it works..pretty frustrating not being able to backup my phone..
    Powderbanks: go to your PC (not sure which version you are using) and open the control panel. On the control panel go to "Programs and Features" (W7) or whatever one shows programs that are installed on W8. Look for all BB files other than updater and UNINSTALL THEM using the control panel>programs>uninstall. Uninstall the BBDM if still showing, any and all old BB downloaded OS's and the version of Link you have on your PC. Then run CCleaner again and reboot the PC. Once rebooted, download the latest Link from this BB site: BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US and then reconfigure your options in Link and try again. The only real way to completely get 100% rid of all the odd and end program files is using the Uninstall program on Windows. It finds 100% of all the files and deletes them. Sometimes programs will try and trick you into keeping them but most will delete nicely and not **** you off-LOL. If this doesn't work, then I have no idea. It loaded fine for me (both versions 1.1.1.26 and 1.1.1.32) and works perfectly for what it is. Keep us posted and good luck.
    PS: if you have a Z10, makes sure you have 10.1 OS loaded on it or syncing will not work.
    07-10-13 04:09 PM
    Powderbanks: go to your PC (not sure which version you are using) and open the control panel. On the control panel go to "Programs and Features" (W7) or whatever one shows programs that are installed on W8. Look for all BB files other than updater and UNINSTALL THEM using the control panel>programs>uninstall. Uninstall the BBDM if still showing, any and all old BB downloaded OS's and the version of Link you have on your PC. Then run CCleaner again and reboot the PC. Once rebooted, download the latest Link from this BB site: BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US and then reconfigure your options in Link and try again. The only real way to completely get 100% rid of all the odd and end program files is using the Uninstall program on Windows. It finds 100% of all the files and deletes them. Sometimes programs will try and trick you into keeping them but most will delete nicely and not **** you off-LOL. If this doesn't work, then I have no idea. It loaded fine for me (both versions 1.1.1.26 and 1.1.1.32) and works perfectly for what it is. Keep us posted and good luck.
    PS: if you have a Z10, makes sure you have 10.1 OS loaded on it or syncing will not work.
    Revo Uninstaller not only uninstalls the program, but also does a scan for any leftover folders/files, scans the registry and gives you the option to delete any issues (which I do). After the uninstalls, I use Search Everything to look for anything named 'Research In Motion' or 'Blackberry' and delete any of those folders. Then I run CCleaner to get rid of anything else that may have slipped through. I just downloaded the Link installer again, and am going to try, but I don't have much hope...

Tried again tonight, still won't install. Rolls back installation at the very end; shortcut is even on the desktop and then it fails..

I looked at the install log and this is what it says at the bottom:

=== Logging stopped: 7/10/2013 22:46:19 ===
    MSI (c) (2C:68) [22:46:19:785]: Note: 1: 1708
    MSI (c) (2C:68) [22:46:19:786]: Product: BlackBerry Link -- Installation operation failed.

MSI (c) (2C:68) [22:46:19:787]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: BlackBerry Link. Product Version: 1.1.1.32. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Research In Motion Ltd.. Installation success or error status: 1603.

MSI (c) (2C:68) [22:46:19:795]: Grabbed execution mutex.
    MSI (c) (2C:68) [22:46:19:795]: Cleaning up uninstalled install packages, if any exist
    MSI (c) (2C:68) [22:46:19:796]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603
    === Verbose logging stopped: 7/10/2013 22:46:19 ===

I posted something in the Blackberry Beta Zone discussion, never got a reply. Thanks Blackberry..
    Last edited by powderbanks; 07-10-13 at 09:50 PM.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    07-10-13 07:35 PM
    Call BlackBerry Support...

Kah
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    07-11-13 12:37 PM
    You still have a record of the BlackBerry install on the register that will have to be removed.

Posted via CB10
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    08-01-13 02:55 AM
    BB link staff - F-U on the support... NIL... BB desktop, although cumbersome at least worked!!! grrr
    08-03-13 03:46 PM
    I have a Win XP Pro computer. Have had link installed on it since I got my Z10 in April. I deleted it to install the beta version, but get the "Rolling back action" after the installer attempts to "connect to services" using a Blackberry VPN. Also, DM 7.1 was installed at thw same time and both were working fine for me.

I have done all the suggestions I found in the forums and still cannot install BlackBerry Link. Has anyone else had the same issue and was able to find a resolution? I'm itching to install the new 10.2 leak, but will not untill I can backup my device.

Posted via CB10
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    08-04-13 02:01 AM
    Has anyone else had the same issue and was able to find a resolution?
    Same problem, no solution. Win7-64bit here, had the .26 version installed but it started to act up so tried reinstalling it, then the .32 update. Same "rolling back" crap, now I have no BB Link at all to backup or maintain my Z10! Have tried every suggestion I've found: clean registry, uninstall everything, turn off antivirus, turn off firewall - none of these helped at all.

Have "run as administrator" during install, have run in WinXP SP3 Compatibility mode too; BB Link just will NOT install, and it's really starting to p�ss me off. This utility really is poorly-coded junk.

Naturally, the BlackBerry support site is mum on the subject. Have tried sending a support DM Tweet (how lame; not even regular email support) - has anyone received help from that source?

I like the Z10 but if BB Link doesn't get fixed soon I'm going to dump it; can't run a naked phone without backups and I've wasted hours trying to install Link.

Grrrrrr!
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    08-04-13 11:33 PM
    BB link staff - F-U on the support... NIL... BB desktop, although cumbersome at least worked!!! grrr
    Here's what I got today from the so-called "support" team at BlackBerry:

BlackBerryHelp
    @BlackBerryHelp

Due to the complexity of your issue, please contact your carrier or network provider for live investigation, diagnosis, & resolution.^SB
    05:04 AM - 09 Aug 13

They expect me to believe that a)this is T-Mobile's problem and b)T-Mobile can help me fix a problem with BlackBerry Link's installation?

Really starting to hate these guys........
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    08-10-13 03:26 AM
48 12