Hello all, greetings. I have been having issues with my BB Link/BB Blend software ever since I downloaded it around July of 2015, but they have been functional. But ever since the update to Windows 10, some time after they don't seem to be working at all.

For instance, when I have my phone plugged in via USB to charge, Link would pop up but then say the phone wasn't connected or recognized, so I would then push the button for it to reload, and then it could work. I can't even get the wireless sync to work, it seems to have a mind of its own when it wants to work or not.

For Blend, it works at first opening but later on gets sluggish and the screen goes blank over time. When I go to shut it down in Task Manager, I see several instances of Blend open and running at the same time, even though I only clicked on the program once!

And ever since for a few months now, when I plug in my phone, the Link program logo will appear, but after that I get a message that it crashed. This has been very frustrating as I have deleted, reinstalled, and run the program several times to no avail.

So can anyone use Link on their Windows 10, or does anyone else have the crashing/malfunctioning issues I have? I appreciate the time and the input.
    02-01-16 02:32 AM
    Did you upgrade to Window 10, while already having the BlackBerry software on the computer from a Windows 8 install?
    If so, completely uninstall all the BlackBerry software, then reinstall it from a fresh download.
    02-01-16 06:34 AM
    That's exactly right, I had the software with Windows 8 and it followed to Windows 10. I have done exactly that, I have uninstalled Link, Blend, and drivers via the uninstall suite in Control Panel, downloaded the software straight from the BlackBerry official site, and I still have problems.
    02-01-16 07:22 PM
    That's exactly right, I had the software with Windows 8 and it followed to Windows 10. I have done exactly that, I have uninstalled Link, Blend, and drivers via the uninstall suite in Control Panel, downloaded the software straight from the BlackBerry official site, and I still have problems.
    See if this will help:
    How to Set Compatibility Mode for Apps in Windows 10
    02-02-16 04:38 AM
    Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it and set it to test against Windows 8. It ran Link and only the start screen showed up. I tried it with Windows 7 compatibility and the same thing. At least thereafter I have stopped receiving messages that BB Link has crashed after each initialization of the program.

I restarted the computer just to be sure, and still nothing past the BB Link start screen.

I have reported the problem to Microsoft through one of the options though, haha.

I may just give up on these programs altogether though and stick with just USB access, though Blend is a very good program. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem like me. Or does yours run on Windows 10 with no problems?
    Jo Erne likes this.
    02-02-16 11:10 PM
    I found the fix to my problem. I found out after re-installing the Link and Blend software, that I would have two Blend icons on my desktop. Finding that weird thinking all the files get deleted cleanly after installation, I did a global search on my laptop and found I had duplicate install files! These would be confusing the program whenever I would try to install and run anew again as it was taking multiple directions at one time from those multiple files.

So, I just found every single last Blackberry software file I could find and deleted them all. Finally I downloaded the Blend and Link software cleanly with no other duplicate install files on my OS and they are running smoothly. I hope this may help someone in the off-chance this problem ever comes up.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    02-23-16 09:27 PM
    Had the same problem with Link on XP, Windows 7 and twice on Windows 10 (I had to reformat). Link shuts down immediately after launch, though Blend works fine.
    03-03-16 10:50 PM