Im using the latest BlackBerry link, 1.2.3 something. Just recently, BlackBerry link cannot communicate with my device but it can connect with it. So i search the net, it says that i just need to restart the phone, so after the restart it worked fine. However, a while ago it cannot communicate again, i restarted the phone multiple times but it wont work. Im using 10.3 btw.

Posted via My Awesome Z10 | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    06-10-14 09:39 AM
    I had issues with my firewall software causing this problem sometimes. No idea why, but when I removed the program from my firewall list and let it regenerate it's own rules, the issue went away. I have low confidence that this would help you too, but it's worth a shot, right?
    06-10-14 11:36 AM
    I had issues with my firewall software causing this problem sometimes. No idea why, but when I removed the program from my firewall list and let it regenerate it's own rules, the issue went away. I have low confidence that this would help you too, but it's worth a shot, right?
    Will try that tom! Ill update you. Thank you

06-10-14 11:41 AM
    In my case it was that the driver responsible for recognition of my BB10 device was switched off. I tried quite a number of solutions before I was able to find out in the Windows Device Manager that I simply had to right click on it and select "activate".
    06-10-14 11:44 AM
    Same problem is happening with me,,, BlackBerry link showing device connected then after not connecting, ,,two options are coming....1.reconnect and 2.*****(doesn't remember) ..i made several restarts but nothing....

@dazlr
    06-10-14 11:45 AM
    My problem seems to be with my router. Please update your firmware or get a new router or modem. I've got a rogers modem that has been bridged in order to accommodate another router. The problem is usually there. I hope this helps

Z10
    06-10-14 11:47 AM
    I had the same problem as described. But it's not in blackberry knowledge base.

Z10
    06-10-14 11:48 AM
    Try turning your antivirus and firewall off and try it. If it works one of those is blocking it.
    Dazlr Boy likes this.
    06-10-14 11:57 AM
    Try turning your antivirus and firewall off and try it. If it works one of those is blocking it.
    all of the solutions replied here are not working
    06-14-14 06:54 AM
    Can you check in your computer whether BlackBerry device manager is running in the background??

It will be listed in the taskbar with a cell phone icon just beside the clock? If not then try restarting your computer and check again.
    If yes, then try connecting your device and check whether the device manger can recognise the device.?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 06:58 AM
    Did you update inbetween without linking the device with USB?? Link could have lost the device signature... Just an idea, connect with USB!?

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-14-14 07:00 AM
    Trust me, try to switch routers, please let me know if that helps. Others with the same issue can benefit from this information

Z10
    06-14-14 07:07 AM
    Can you check in your computer whether BlackBerry device manager is running in the background??

It will be listed in the taskbar with a cell phone icon just beside the clock? If not then try restarting your computer and check again.
    If yes, then try connecting your device and check whether the device manger can recognise the device.?

Posted via CB10
    Device manger is working and it can recognize the phone.

Did you update inbetween without linking the device with USB?? Link could have lost the device signature... Just an idea, connect with USB!?

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    What do you mean? Im running 10.3 leak.

Trust me, try to switch routers, please let me know if that helps. Others with the same issue can benefit from this information

Z10
    I dont think its in the router. I tried reintalling bblink and bb device in the device manager while offline but still not working.
    06-14-14 07:49 AM
    So using USB works? Just trying to do remote file access isn't working?
    06-14-14 08:08 AM
    If the device manager can recognise the device, then can you see your device listed in my computer? If not open device manager and see whether your device volumes are mounted. If not try mounting the device volumes manually by double clicking them or right click mount at least once.. and then try to connect with link. .. anticipating that you are using USB connection.. if the connection mode is wifi then also this device manager should work.
    If its not happening then try from device's file manager and see that whether it can access your computer.. let me know the outcome. Then will be able to tell you further.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 08:21 AM
    So using USB works? Just trying to do remote file access isn't working?
    Everything works except for the bb link cannot communicate but it can recognize the device. Remote access works but unfortunately the last time bblink worked, i disabled remote access. Now to enable it again in the pc, phone needs to communicate with the phone first.
    06-14-14 08:31 AM
    If the device manager can recognise the device, then can you see your device listed in my computer? If not open device manager and see whether your device volumes are mounted. If not try mounting the device volumes manually by double clicking them or right click mount at least once.. and then try to connect with link. .. anticipating that you are using USB connection.. if the connection mode is wifi then also this device manager should work.
    If its not happening then try from device's file manager and see that whether it can access your computer.. let me know the outcome. Then will be able to tell you further.

Posted via CB10
    I cannot see device volumes in my computer. Cannot connect through wifi because i disabled it last time, to enable it pc needs to communicate with device first.
    06-14-14 08:37 AM
    Device manger is working and it can recognize the phone.

What do you mean? Im running 10.3 leak.

I dont think its in the router. I tried reintalling bblink and bb device in the device manager while offline but still not working.
    I did all of that too, I even installed Link on my wife's computer and experienced the same issue. Please try, if it doesn't work then I will eat a whole red pepper. I hate red pepper!

Z10
    06-14-14 08:39 AM
    I did all of that too, I even installed Link on my wife's computer and experienced the same issue. Please try, if it doesn't work then I will eat a whole red pepper. I hate red pepper!

Z10
    its not related to the router i think its in the device manager, a software bug. see attached photo. BB Link can't communicate with my device, help!-qweqweqweqweqwe.png
    06-14-14 08:46 AM
    its not related to the router i think its in the device manager, a software bug. see attached photo. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qweqweqweqweqwe.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	277991
    tried updating it. BB Link can't communicate with my device, help!-qweqweqweqwe.png
    06-14-14 08:51 AM
    If it was me, I would uninstall link, reboot, run ccleaner , registry cleaner too, reboot, download and install link.
    06-14-14 09:06 AM
    If it was me, I would uninstall link, reboot, run ccleaner , registry cleaner too, reboot, download and install link.
    i did that already.
    06-14-14 09:09 AM
    Is link open when you try remote? Is it on, on the phone? Mass USB?
    06-14-14 09:55 AM
    Everything works except for the bb link cannot communicate but it can recognize the device. Remote access works but unfortunately the last time bblink worked, i disabled remote access. Now to enable it again in the pc, phone needs to communicate with the phone first.
    Are you able to mount the drive?

Z10
    06-14-14 11:15 AM
    Are you able to mount the drive?

Z10
    What do you mean by mount? Pc, device manager and bblink can recognize the device but not communicate with it. They know that my z10 is connected but cant open, view or do anything with it.

06-14-14 11:49 AM
43 12