im new to BB and am following the instruction to upload a new OS to my 9930, but i cannot find Application loader anywhere in my Desktop Software.

my 9930 did not come with a cd to load, but this is what my corp. told me i needed to manage my device.

i already backed up the device and have deleted the vendor file from RIM folder. now i am stuck. i have dl'd the new os to my desktop, but when i open the Desktop software it doesnt prompt me for a new os nor can i find the application loader.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    12-03-11 10:53 AM
    If you are not installing an OS from your carrier then there may well be a 2nd Vendor.XML file that you need to delete.

From memory it could be in C/Users/Your Name/AppData/Roaming/RIM

If you can't find it do an advanced search and make sure that you have checked the box for search hidden files.

Once the 2nd Vendor file has gone the OS should show up in your Desktop Manager after a reboot of the PC.

Hope this helps.
    12-03-11 11:05 AM
    all vendor.xlm files are deleted.

this is my desktop software. where can i go to get to application loader?

12-03-11 11:26 AM
    You have to find Loader manually on your PC...

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe
    12-03-11 11:28 AM
    12-03-11 11:32 AM
    Follow these direction to the T & you cant go wrong.

Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or Shrink-A-OS/BBH+ Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After OS install is complete, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is installed.

12-03-11 11:34 AM
    thanks. ill try again. will it matter if i start over even though vendor files are already deleted?
    12-03-11 11:41 AM
    If the OS is on the PC & you deleted the vendor file why would you start over?
    12-03-11 11:47 AM
    bc something isnt going right it feels. once i hit the loader.exe and i selected to not delete anything, files and apps and such, it was done. nothing happened. unless it literally took seconds to install the updated os to the phone?

edit: nope .241 is still on the phone
    12-03-11 11:52 AM
    Follow these direction to the T & you cant go wrong.
    ok, i followed this to a "T"

my problem is when i hit the loader.exe and i get to the last screen it never shows that its about to load .374.

it goes through the "update" and completes in about 1 minute but .241 stays on the device.

how do i get .374 to show in that box?
    12-03-11 01:16 PM
    to be more specific in "Completing the Application Loader Wizard" all it says is

"Application data will be backed up and restored.

Your device will be reactivated after updating your software"

no mention of .374. when i run this...no update.

i have deleted everything BB on my computer and done this again and still nothing. any advice, please?
    12-03-11 02:24 PM
    i already backed up the device and have deleted the vendor file from RIM folder. now i am stuck. i have dl'd the new os to my desktop, but when i open the Desktop software it doesnt prompt me for a new os nor can i find the application loader.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    to be more specific in "Completing the Application Loader Wizard" all it says is

"Application data will be backed up and restored.

Your device will be reactivated after updating your software"

no mention of .374. when i run this...no update.

i have deleted everything BB on my computer and done this again and still nothing. any advice, please?
    You have to install .374 on your PC. Just downloading it to your desktop does not install it on the PC. You have to run the .exe to install it.
    12-03-11 02:29 PM
    You have to install .374 on your PC. Just downloading it to your desktop does not install it on the PC. You have to run the .exe to install it.
    i did that. once completed, i deleted the vendor file then hit the loader.exe...then nothing
    12-03-11 02:31 PM
    There may be a second Vender file, Its been posted on other OS leaks so I copy it.

Check here on your PC.

C:\users\***\appdata\roaming\research in motion\blackberry\loader xml
    12-03-11 02:31 PM
    i did that. once completed, i deleted the vendor file then hit the loader.exe...then nothing
    How many vendor.xml files did you delete? if you deleted just one, there is another one. Look in earlier posts in this thread where to find that second vendor file. If i remember it right, Legal Eagle posted the directory where to find it.

If you have not deleted that second vendor file, nothing will happen, whatever you do.
    12-03-11 04:29 PM
    @Minarets, RoseBud also wrote where to find the second vendor.xml file. Go find it.
    12-03-11 04:31 PM
    How many vendor.xml files did you delete? if you deleted just one, there is another one. Look in earlier posts in this thread where to find that second vendor file. If i remember it right, Legal Eagle posted the directory where to find it.

If you have not deleted that second vendor file, nothing will happen, whatever you do.

thanks guys for the help, but i give up.
    i cannot for the life of me find the other vendor file.

another turn of events is i do not have an option to do the "C/Users/Your Name/AppData/Roaming/RIM"

i have no "users" folder on my corporate laptop and have used the search function on the computer to find all "vendor" files and nadda. unless yall know another way to find that vendor file?

otherwise...im stuck with poor battery life.
    12-03-11 11:46 PM
    uh oh, i may have just found it....lets see if this works now..
    12-04-11 12:02 AM
    HOLY SCHNIKES IT WORKED!!!

thank you so much for helping the BB newb! and thanks for yalls patience. loading .374 now....

the second vendor file ended up being in C/DOCS SETTINGS/MY WORK ASSIGNED CODE NAME/APP DATA/RIM/BB/LOADER.XML
    Last edited by Minarets; 12-04-11 at 12:20 AM.
    12-04-11 12:10 AM
    HOLY SCHNIKES IT WORKED!!!

thank you so much for helping the BB newb! and thanks for yalls patience. loading .374 now....

the second vendor file ended up being in C/DOCS SETTINGS/MY WORK ASSIGNED CODE NAME/APP DATA/RIM/BB/LOADER.XML
    Glad I could help....
    12-04-11 01:03 AM
    Glad I could help....
    Yes sir. Thanks so much.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-04-11 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD