I used to be able to move files fine with the older version, but this 6 version sucks! First of all, any way I can downgrade? And second of all, how do I move the files I have on the CD Card to the Device? Thanks.
    10-20-10 06:25 PM
    Device? You are aware that the bold 9700 doesnt have on-board memory like the 9000 does right? You are also aware that you will be taking memory out of the 256mb given to the OS and apps right?

If so, try this page and choose blackberry desktop software 5 service pack 1 (5.0.1)
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    10-20-10 08:09 PM
    Thank you.
    10-20-10 11:26 PM
    Device? You are aware that the bold 9700 doesnt have on-board memory like the 9000 does right? You are also aware that you will be taking memory out of the 256mb given to the OS and apps right?

If so, try this page and choose blackberry desktop software 5 service pack 1 (5.0.1)
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    That would also enable people to add/remove languages at will. Such a shame that RIP removed that feature from it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 12:07 AM
    There must be a way to copy the files from the SD card to a computer but I haven't found it in the new Desktop Manager either and nothing obvious jumps out at me. Anyone know how to do this?

CV
    10-21-10 06:28 PM
    There must be a way to copy the files from the SD card to a computer but I haven't found it in the new Desktop Manager either and nothing obvious jumps out at me. Anyone know how to do this?

CV
    You need a memory card reader, or look in My Computer to see the Removeable Disk labeled drive when you plug in your blackberry. Make sure an SD card is inserted.

10-21-10 07:16 PM
    Thanks RootBrian, I'll try that.

It does seem silly though to have been able to easily transfer files between card and computer in DM 5.0 but not in DM 6.0.

CV
    10-21-10 08:50 PM
    Exactly, now I have to transfer the files to the computer and then somehow to the device. I am just gonna downgrade I guess.
    10-21-10 11:34 PM
    You need to enable mass storage mode, then just use your OS file manager to move files from the BB to your PC
    10-22-10 08:01 AM
    And actually You do not need to "Auto Enable" it in the opiton below. Connection to DM will still enable Mass Storage Mode, but connecting to USB without DM open will then not enable it and thereby You will avoid the lag that comes each time You connect it to the USB.

10-22-10 08:46 AM
    Where is file manager in OS6, and how to I enable mass storage without having to open DM6. Thanks.
    10-23-10 05:06 PM
    Where is file manager in OS6, and how to I enable mass storage without having to open DM6. Thanks.
    Options > Memory.

Auto enable mass storage when connected: YES
    Mass storage mode support: YES
    Media card support: ON

10-23-10 05:09 PM
    Thanks. Where is File Manager in DM6?
    10-23-10 05:36 PM
    Thanks. Where is File Manager in DM6?
    You don't need to use DM6 to manage files on the SD card, you use windows explorer. Launch My Computer, either from the start menu or the desktop and double click the Removable Disk icon titled Blackberry or Untitled.

10-23-10 05:50 PM
    That I know already dude. I want to know if there is a file manager in DM6 as there was in DM5.
    10-25-10 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD