I just don't get this with DM, and version 5 is no exception: why such a large window for so little info and icons? No last sync date info, only 5 icons... This thing could do so much more, or do it in a much smaller footprint. Am I right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 06:54 PM
    It works fine on my bold now
    04-13-09 03:11 AM
    i just i have problem when installed upgrade my DM 4.6 to 5.0 but i have error when installing ( not successful )
    now, when i restart my device, its loading the software 5.0 but stop in process ( no load again )

I would like to restore to 4.6 but the device not conneted with Desktop Manager
    can any one help me?
    04-13-09 08:46 PM
    you can completely remove it first, try here, and try re install the official 4.7 or something else.
    04-13-09 09:06 PM
    i would like to restore it use Desktop Manager but restore icon not active.

i have waited 1 hours the device loading but no change. its like hang.

please advise
    04-13-09 09:37 PM
    to those who said sync-speed did improve:

do you mean sync speed in comparison to 4.6 or 4.7 (wich is terrible slow)?

how much % approx. is the speed increased?

thank you for information.
    04-14-09 03:11 AM
    i resolved the problem and complete the upgrade to the new OS 5.00 but one problem. I can not browse to internet and show " unable to connect to the WAP Gateway at the following address : "

and some application such as yahoo messenger, MSN mesngger not supported by this OS.

Please advise!
    04-14-09 05:12 AM
    I started a new thread before finding this one...here's what I wrote:

I didn't know where to post this, so since I have a Bold I'll post it here.
    I've read about Desktop Manager 5.0 and some examples how it made BB OS 5.0 run smoother. I went to download DM 5.0 and when it started installing it said "installing DM 4.7"...???? Is it just a glitch because its not official?
    Actually I could not install it because at the beggining of the process I get a dialog box saying something about a file Data1.cab that seems to be missing (I've had similar issues with almost all the versions of DM that I have downloaded so I've had to return to the 4.6 version that came with my device).
    Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
    Thanks,
    JPM
    Edit/Delete Message
    04-19-09 11:59 AM
    My 9K had problems with slow internet and a HUGE problem with hosted exchange! reverted to .247 and all is well again!!
    04-19-09 12:18 PM
    downloading it right now
    04-19-09 05:00 PM
    Definitely faster sync with outlook, maybe half the time it took with 4.6 or 4.7
    In my case even faster a qarter or maybe third of time! That's GREAT !
    05-05-09 11:53 AM
    i am quite sure the official 5.0 dm will be annouced today or before the end of wes
    05-05-09 12:12 PM
    Has any new builds been released since this one?
    06-11-09 11:03 PM
    Does anyone know if you can enter notes, calendar or contacts directly onto a desktop and transfer to BB? Or organize photos for example? I am interested in doing this when I have a lot that I'd like to enter or organize.

I could do this with my Palm but it looks like not with the BB 9000 (bold).

Hey, thought I start thread about this desktop manager! I am downloading it now, would love to hear from you who have tried it out!

Post any fast download links to this app here.
    Orginal News from crackberry

Download BBDM5.exe @ Hotfile.com
    Download BBDM5.exe @ RapidShare
    06-22-09 02:29 PM
    Just use Outlook.
    07-02-09 02:21 AM
    what i dont like about v5.0 is that it creates duplicate calendar items for each of the multiple email accounts I have synced with my blackberry 8900. I don't know how to get rid of the duplicate calendar items apart from deleting them one by one on the bb (then they reappear after sync) or delete the email accounts of my bb and leaving one.
    07-28-09 06:28 PM
    4.7 had a problem with upgrading OS's on the bold. Is that not an issue with 5.0?
    11-18-09 02:57 PM
    I've used DM 5.0 and it's a piece of crap. I've never ever had so much issues with Blackberry software until this. It double installed itself (no idea how that happened since I only went through the installation once) then I couldn't uninstall it since it thought it was still installing itself...after installation. Going back down to 4.7 and will ignore update messages.
    11-20-09 10:59 PM
    Just remember there is a security vulnerability on lower BBDM
    11-20-09 11:02 PM
    Just remember there is a security vulnerability on lower BBDM
    LOL!! What the heck, it says BBDM 5.0 and all previous versions are infected...isn't that everything???
    11-20-09 11:11 PM
    hence why there is now a 5.0.1
    11-20-09 11:12 PM
    hence why there is now a 5.0.1
    I saw that on their website but it said service pack beside it. Is it just the service back or do I need to download 5.0 again? I just want to update my Bold OS...ffs...wish this stuff was OTA accessible. DM pisses me off...
    11-20-09 11:16 PM
    I saw that on their website but it said service pack beside it. Is it just the service back or do I need to download 5.0 again? I just want to update my Bold OS...ffs...wish this stuff was OTA accessible. DM pisses me off...
    Ok here is where you DL

the one with SP1
    11-20-09 11:23 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD