everyday i plug in my Storm to the USB to charge and when i want to install some software desktop manager would freeze and hang. this happens everytime. pressing the Start button does nothing. i'm using 4.7

anyone have this problem?
    01-08-09 04:45 PM
    Dont use 4.7
    01-08-09 04:47 PM
    Use 4.5 or 4.6 without media manager, preferably 4.6 and yes i agree, i don't like Vista either. XP all the way for me...
    01-08-09 04:48 PM
    Dont use 4.7
    i didnt realize until it was too late. thx
    01-08-09 04:49 PM
    Use 4.5 or 4.6 without media manager, preferably 4.6 and yes i agree, i don't like Vista either. XP all the way for me...
    i dont use media manger. that app is soo slow.
    01-08-09 04:50 PM
    Roxio is a complete waste of space and the slowest thing ever...
    01-08-09 04:52 PM
    Roxio is a complete waste of space and the slowest thing ever...
    I second that.
    01-08-09 05:24 PM
    Well, when I saw this thread I just had to throw in my 2 cents. I'll start with the Roxio Media Manager that is included in DM. I agree that it is crap. However, i do have Roxio Creator 2009 and it is excellent. I run it on both my desktop and laptop both running Vista 64 bit and it is super fast and an excellent program.

Now, as for Vista; I run everything from Mac Leopard to Ununtu, SUSE and SLAX Linux, as well as 64 bit Vista, and as someone who holds 27 certifications from Microsoft and works on computers for the Dept. of Defense, Vista 64 bit is one of the most stable systems you can find, as well as one of the most secure. I understand that most common computer users love to bash Windows Vista, I partly think it's because they don't know how to use it CORRECTLY. Just because you know how to hook up your Berry and sync with your computer doesn't mean you're a power user. My take is, if you want to bash something, make sure you know what the he// you're talking about first. That would be the equivalent of not getting your email on your BB having never sent the service books. Just because Vista doesn't work for YOU doesn't make it crap.

IMHO of course.

PS: Oddly enough, I use DM 4.7 and have no trouble whatsoever. Hmm, makes ya think
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 01-08-09 at 08:09 PM.
    01-08-09 08:06 PM
    I agree with that statement, I have Vista and XP. I just prefer XP to Vista. But if you work for the DOD, i believe you on the security of Vista...
    01-08-09 08:09 PM
    I agree with that statement, I have Vista and XP. I just prefer XP to Vista. But if you work for the DOD, i believe you on the security of Vista...
    I just bought a tiny Acer Aspire One 8" Netbook and installed XP Pro on it just so I have a computer with XP around. Ya never know!!

BTW: If you want top notch security on a laptop, run Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Even using tools that the CIA and NSA use for computer forensics, with BitLocker on and Syskey enabled along with the usual user account passwords, it would take a Cray supercomputer over a thousand years to crack the encryption.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 01-08-09 at 08:16 PM.
    01-08-09 08:12 PM
    I know exactly what you are saying, right on...
    01-08-09 08:16 PM
    3CISSBB,
    you say DM4.7 work great with vista, I have problems running backups and usb sync. RIM's solution was to install DM4.2 not really a good solution, but that is what we have to do at my organization (also DOD) did you have a work around for that?
    07-01-09 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD