BB 6 is successfully installing, when I try and launch via the desktop icon, however, I get this error message:

BlackBerry Desktop Software has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Here's a screenshot of the error signature
    bbdesktop6error.jpg picture by msebonie05 - Photobucket

Any feedback on how to fix this? I've un and reinstalled 3 times already.
    12-29-10 12:28 PM
    I am having the same issue and can not figure out why...
    12-30-10 03:29 PM
    I can get BDS 6 installed and running but I get a single line message that BDS needs to shutdown from an error when I try to run 6.01.
    12-30-10 05:34 PM
    This is a very common problem where Desktop Manager simply fails to launch. I had it happen to me out of the blue in mid december of last year, and I've since spent over 23 total hours on the phone with Blackberry tech support and I have yet to make ANY progress to fix the problem whatsoever.

I am very computer literate, have done countless uninstall/reinstalls with complete registry purges, etc. Nothing works so far......

I'm not giving up but I'm very dissappointed in the RIMM code writers. I've done a lot of searches, only to find that this has been a very common problem, in various forms, since 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    berry_junkie likes this.
    01-06-11 08:02 PM
    This is a very common problem where Desktop Manager simply fails to launch. I had it happen to me out of the blue in mid december of last year, and I've since spent over 23 total hours on the phone with Blackberry tech support and I have yet to make ANY progress to fix the problem whatsoever.

I am very computer literate, have done countless uninstall/reinstalls with complete registry purges, etc. Nothing works so far......

I'm not giving up but I'm very dissappointed in the RIMM code writers. I've done a lot of searches, only to find that this has been a very common problem, in various forms, since 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks for the info .. wonder how some ppls got it to work for them tho
    01-14-11 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD