Help! Every time I sync � via Bluetooth or USB, between my Torch and my laptop (using BB Desktop Software version 6.0.0.40 on a laptop running Win XP), my stuff gets backed up, even though I have it configured to automatically backup weekly.

My guess it is happening because the BB Desktop Software is not accurately recording that is has backed things up � as others have reported in this forum. for example, in my case the Software screen indicates that the last backup was August 14, even though it has done it at least 4 times today!

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have an idea how to remedy it? Sure I can specify syncing manually, but WTF! I thought BB was supposed to excel in work-related stuff. so far, not impressed with my first BB...
    08-24-10 02:49 PM
    I am having the same issue. My old BlackBerry desktop worked but 6.0.0.40 backs-up every time I connect.
    08-25-10 01:20 PM
    Yeah same here. Kind of annoying.
    09-15-10 03:03 PM
    this problem is NOT fixed with BB desktop software version 6.0.0.43 (released August 25, 2010 bundle 47) - nor influenced by AT&T official release of Torch software upgrade to .246.

anyone using leaked versions of either Desktop software or Torch software find that their handle this appropriately?
    Last edited by somainer; 10-05-10 at 12:49 PM.
    10-05-10 12:37 PM
    Same thing here, apparently the problem is that the "Last Backup Date" is not updated when doing a backup.
    I had to disable the automatic backup.....no fix so far.
    10-05-10 04:17 PM
    Not sure which release ultimately fixed this prob, as I had disabled automatic back-ups and ignored most Desktop Software upgrades... but recently discovered that time/date of most recent sync as well as back-up registers correctly using Desktop Software v 6.0.1.18

so presumably problem is solved. sure took a long time RIM, but thanks for getting to it finally!
    01-19-11 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD