06-10-10 09:35 PM
62 123
tools
    You forgot to delete the vendor.xml file from the AppLoader folder again kris. Almost a guarantee, I've done it myself.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 11:59 AM
    Are there certain "common" themes that could cause the problem I keep having? Any popular premium themes? Or is it really just way too broad to even consider this?

I doubt it's any "common" themes we can all share a warning on. I had but 3 set when I had the issue, of them I've 2 set now. Just ran a backup, and it was fine. I think the best I can suggest is with every theme you set up, make a backup. That will at best give you a latest that's good. At worst, fail and tell you you've an issue.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    Drive a PwnCakes Hybrid. It'll keep your Onyx purring.

06-10-10 12:07 PM
    Here is what i accomplished.
    After deleted those .cod files (and some more all that diff themes) there was nothing on my berry only small small icons, ALL of the Applications, basically everything what was on my phone but no theme no theme folder. I went back to my PC deleted the OS, reinstalled it and deleted ONLY those 5 .cod files and 2 themes.(carrier one and Precision one) Open CrackMem, selected the desired OS, open DM it said no action necessary. Left internet plugged so it gave me the option to install carrier OS which is v.400. I had the v.680.
    I followed the onscreen instruction. Strangely the whole process included back-up, restore Data, back-up, restore 3rd party apps, downloading and installing the OS. That version i did not have on my PC.
    After this long process everything seemed to be working back to normal, so I was thinking it's time to do an upgrade. DISCONNECTED internet, opened CrackMem, selected desired OS (this time i chose the v.586 since before the .680 that's what i had and this OS was not modified (ie it contained all the files)
    Opened DM, App Loader upgrade. After finished my screen showed exactly the same s*it. No theme. no theme folder only all app listed on a white screen in small small icons.
    I had no chice but reconnect internet and let DM to pic carrier OS .400 again.
    So here i am back to square 1 after spending hours upgrading, downgrading (twice). I still have the preloaded s*it and my OS is down to .400
    I'm very very frustrated.
    Have a question to BigBadWulf: R u sure those .cod files u have listed (5 of them) CAN be deleted? Did i make the mistake deleting the 2 theme? I would willing to try to upgrade again following yur instruction above but plz assure me thos .cods r safe to remove. What possibly could've gone wrong???
    06-10-10 01:18 PM
    Here is what i accomplished.
    After deleted those .cod files (and some more all that diff themes) there was nothing on my berry only small small icons, ALL of the Applications, basically everything what was on my phone but no theme no theme folder. I went back to my PC deleted the OS, reinstalled it and deleted ONLY those 5 .cod files and 2 themes.(carrier one and Precision one) Open CrackMem, selected the desired OS, open DM it said no action necessary. Left internet plugged so it gave me the option to install carrier OS which is v.400. I had the v.680.
    I followed the onscreen instruction. Strangely the whole process included back-up, restore Data, back-up, restore 3rd party apps, downloading and installing the OS. That version i did not have on my PC.
    After this long process everything seemed to be working back to normal, so I was thinking it's time to do an upgrade. DISCONNECTED internet, opened CrackMem, selected desired OS (this time i chose the v.586 since before the .680 that's what i had and this OS was not modified (ie it contained all the files)
    Opened DM, App Loader upgrade. After finished my screen showed exactly the same s*it. No theme. no theme folder only all app listed on a white screen in small small icons.
    I had no chice but reconnect internet and let DM to pic carrier OS .400 again.
    So here i am back to square 1 after spending hours upgrading, downgrading (twice). I still have the preloaded s*it and my OS is down to .400
    I'm very very frustrated.
    Have a question to BigBadWulf: R u sure those .cod files u have listed (5 of them) CAN be deleted? Did i make the mistake deleting the 2 theme? I would willing to try to upgrade again following yur instruction above but plz assure me thos .cods r safe to remove. What possibly could've gone wrong???
    Kris, Ed can not reply at the moment but he told me to tell you that it is absolutely ok to delete the files in question. He wanted me to let you know in case you were waiting for a reply. He is having data issues at the moment. He did read this and he said it is "absolutely" ok to delete those.

EDIT: He will reply when he is able
    Last edited by LuJuCa; 06-10-10 at 03:15 PM.
    06-10-10 03:13 PM
    Unfortunately yes. I deleted them and now there r only small icons on my home screen. No theme nothing. Try to re-load the OS but is says no action require. Wtf? I 'm helpless. Dunno what to do. Deleted OS from PC, re-installed, deleted only the unwanted files what Wulf told me hooked up my phone but no OS in the loader.exe.
    This is because you deleted either the Precision Zen theme OR the latin trutype
    font. I have had this happen before and both can do that.

If you can restore those files to the JAVA folder and rerun AppLoader you
    should be fine.
    06-10-10 03:45 PM
    This is because you deleted either the Precision Zen theme OR the latin trutype
    font. I have had this happen before and both can do that.

If you can restore those files to the JAVA folder and rerun AppLoader you
    should be fine.
    Yeah i did delete that theme. Took me the whole day to fix the problem. The DM did not find OS to upgrade even tho that was the only one installed on my bb. Had to downgrade twice, now i'm restoring my stuff. Not to mention my address book gone, applications gone, there was 5 diff app w/ the name "browser" Uggh What a mess. Right now i'm waiting my device to reboot. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    06-10-10 05:50 PM
    Once you're back up, connect to DM again, open Backup/Restore->Advanced. All your current databases will fill the left. Go to File->Open->Browse to the last good back up you had, hold control and click on the databases you lost, then click the right arrow to transfer them to your phone.

Click Here To Be Banned*
    Drive a PwnCakes Hybrid. It'll keep your Onyx purring.

06-10-10 06:02 PM
    Once you're back up, connect to DM again, open Backup/Restore->Advanced. All your current databases will fill the left. Go to File->Open->Browse to the last good back up you had, hold control and click on the databases you lost, then click the right arrow to transfer them to your phone.

I lost an app can't even remember the name. It's like MemoPad but saves everything on the memo card. Also there r a lots of ppl missing in my twitter friend finder. They r all there on my PC, i seem to following them but they don't appear on my bb in friend finder.
    06-10-10 07:42 PM
    I would assume the app was File Scout, though there are several. Was it a pay app? The twits if you have a good backup that's recent, it should load that database. Otherwise if they're still following you, it shouldn't be too difficult to get them readded.

At CrackBerry, I bring good search to life.
    Click Here To Be Banned*If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

06-10-10 08:11 PM
    I would assume the app was File Scout, though there are several. Was it a pay app? The twits if you have a good backup that's recent, it should load that database. Otherwise if they're still following you, it shouldn't be too difficult to get them readded.
    I found the app here on CB- BBNotePad. The twitter slowly coming back. Thanks for yur help. I still have to remove those .cods tho. A new OS upgrade is out.
    06-10-10 09:30 PM
    Anytime kris! When you get ready, I'll talk you through it, and hopefully it will go as smooth as mine do.

I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!

06-10-10 09:33 PM

I found it here on CB. It's BBNotePad. The twitter slowly coming back. I still have to do the .cod removal tho. Txs for yur help. A new OS is out!
    06-10-10 09:35 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD