I've had the same problem with theme databases. I think it's a theme specific issue, that then frogs the entire database up. I could narrow it down for mine, but there are so many themes out there, it's impossible to tell you from a list which ones it could be.

Kris, I've two questions.
    1. Why are you wiping your device?
    2. What preloaded crap are you talking about? Of it's the stuff the carriers push, you can't stop it, only hide it.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 07:06 PM
    I've had the same problem with theme databases. I think it's a theme specific issue, that then frogs the entire database up. I could narrow it down for mine, but there are so many themes out there, it's impossible to tell you from a list which ones it could be.

Kris, I've two questions.
    1. Why are you wiping your device?
    2. What preloaded crap are you talking about? Of it's the stuff the carriers push, you can't stop it, only hide it.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Wanna get rid of the preloaded ringtones, 2 themes and preloaded music and video. I do have the Google talk icon and the Yahoo messanger but those r minor.
    Wanna free up some memory. That's why.
    06-09-10 07:37 PM
    That needs t be manually removed from the Java folder. Once you do, run loader.exe again, and it will take them off your phone. No wipe required. Only thing I recommend keeping is the ringtones. It's not that large, and if you remove them, when you're mass media is enabled, you'll get nothing but silence.

net_rim_bb_medialoader_accessibility.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_480x360_03_b.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x360_03_b.co d
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_video_480x360_03_b.cod

The ringtones are:
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_480x360_03_b.cod

The themes would be the one with your carrier name,

At CrackBerry, I bring good search to life.
    Click Here To Be Banned*If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

06-09-10 08:01 PM
    Oh! Look in Options->Applications->Menu->Modules, on your phone. If you see languages you don't use listed, delete them from Java too.

Click Here To Be Banned*
    Drive a PwnCakes Hybrid. It'll keep your Onyx purring.

06-09-10 08:05 PM
    That needs t be manually removed from the Java folder. Once you do, run loader.exe again, and it will take them off your phone. No wipe required. Only thing I recommend keeping is the ringtones. It's not that large, and if you remove them, when you're mass media is enabled, you'll get nothing but silence.

net_rim_bb_medialoader_accessibility.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_480x360_03_b.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x360_03_b.co d
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_video_480x360_03_b.cod

The ringtones are:
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_480x360_03_b.cod

The themes would be the one with your carrier name,

Click Here To Be Banned*If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Oh! Look in Options->Applications->Menu->Modules, on your phone. If you see languages you don't use listed, delete them from Java too.

Click Here To Be Banned*

Well i do thank u for the response. So where exactly i'm going to find those u have listed? Option>Application>Menu>Modules for all of those? And just delete them? Simply like that?
    06-09-10 08:13 PM
    Wolf there is no option to Delete or Remove or smtg like that!!!
    06-09-10 08:19 PM
    No, that's just to see if extra language files for parts of the OS have installed. I never used a 4.6 OS, so I can't say for sure. On 4.5 they didn't, on 5.0 they do. The files you need to delete are on your PC. On most Windows OS it will be:
    Programs->Common Files->Research in Motion->Shared->Loader Files->"the name of the folder for the OS you're using"->Java. That's where all the files that install on your device from the OS are. Then to get to loader.exe it's:
    Programs->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader->loader.exe

06-09-10 08:21 PM
    No, that's just to see if extra language files for parts of the OS have installed. I never used a 4.6 OS, so I can't say for sure. On 4.5 they didn't, on 5.0 they do. The files you need to delete are on your PC. On most Windows OS it will be:
    Programs->Common Files->Research in Motion->Shared->Loader Files->"the name of the folder for the OS you're using"->Java. That's where all the files that install on your device from the OS are. Then to get to loader.exe it's:
    Programs->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader->loader.exe

IC now. So when i install my desired OS on my PC, go there and Delete those modules. Than what? Go to Loader.exe and do what? Or just do the OS upload as i always do?
    P.S. Can i do it let say now and than hook my bb up to (DM) or how do u run loader.exe?
    Last edited by krisztibi; 06-09-10 at 08:32 PM.
    06-09-10 08:28 PM
    Well now I assumed you had the OS you're currently using installed on your PC, considering you've been wiping the phone.

06-09-10 08:34 PM
    Well now I assumed you had the OS you're currently using installed on your PC, considering you've been wiping the phone.

OK. I kinda lost it. I'm in my Java folder right now ready to delete those modules. What to do after? How to run loader.exe? Hook bb up to pc run DM and take it from there?
    06-09-10 08:38 PM
    I knew my Wulfanese� would loose you somewhere. Delete them from Java, the go to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader->loader.exe, hook up the phone, and follow the prompts. Here's more of a detailed look:

06-09-10 08:43 PM
    I knew my Wulfanese� would loose you somewhere. Delete them from Java, the go to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader->loader.exe, hook up the phone, and follow the prompts. Here's more of a detailed look:

Txs. I deleted all those already. But i see smtg JapaneseOption.cod, Klondike_v46_480x360.cod, MobileStock_v50_480x360.cod, Music_v50_480x360.cod. What about those? Do i need them? Also so far i didn't see my carrier themes but i'm looking.
    06-09-10 08:48 PM
    I don't need Sudoku. Can i delete that too?
    06-09-10 08:49 PM
    All the games you've listed you'd have to select on install. Don't bother with them. Japanese Options as well, just a wasted effort.

06-09-10 08:55 PM
    OK. I found more carrier themes. Rogers. zen, T-Mo. zen, other from T-Mo zen Orange.zen. All deleted.
    06-09-10 08:56 PM
    All the games you've listed you'd have to select on install. Don't bother with them. Japanese Options as well, just a wasted effort.
    OK wolf. Here is the big question: Now I'm ready to do the loader.exe thing. So just hook up my bb and follow yur instruction above. Right?
    06-09-10 08:58 PM
    That's correct. Should recognize the same OS, with files removed, and get to the point it lists the ones it will delete, and ask for you to hit the ok button.

Click Here To Be Banned*

06-09-10 09:12 PM
    That's correct. Should recognize the same OS, with files removed, and get to the point it lists the ones it will delete, and ask for you to hit the ok button.
    Txs. I'm gonna do it tomorrow. Will post how it went.
    06-09-10 09:51 PM
    :::: crosses paws ::::

Hopefully you'll feel like this tomorrow

06-09-10 09:55 PM
    :::: crosses paws ::::

Hopefully you'll feel like this tomorrow

Hilarious

06-09-10 10:12 PM
    Txs. I'm gonna do it tomorrow. Will post how it went.
    What the **** I thought you just said you were ready to pull the trigger. Cmon

06-09-10 10:15 PM
    I have some problem as well. Hopefully MJ doesn't mind i"m high jacking his thread cuz i think it's related....
    Any help is much appreciated.
    I absolutely do not mind. This thread needs views. Views, and a solution.

06-09-10 11:24 PM
    Isn't there supposedly some pre-installed theme you're not supposed to delete or else 3rd party themes won't work?

06-10-10 12:03 AM
    Are there certain "common" themes that could cause the problem I keep having? Any popular premium themes? Or is it really just way too broad to even consider this?

06-10-10 12:05 AM
    Isn't there supposedly some pre-installed theme you're not supposed to delete or else 3rd party themes won't work?

Unfortunately yes. I deleted them and now there r only small icons on my home screen. No theme nothing. Try to re-load the OS but is says no action require. Wtf? I 'm helpless. Dunno what to do. Deleted OS from PC, re-installed, deleted only the unwanted files what Wulf told me hooked up my phone but no OS in the loader.exe.
    06-10-10 10:57 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD