at what point does the OS and app loader get installed on the computer? I mean if you download DM and do a backup at that point does the OS and app loader show up or what?
    04-04-12 07:43 PM
    The App Loader is part of Desktop Manager and will be installed when you install Desktop Manager. The BlackBerry OS is not part of either Desktop Manager or the App Loader. It has to be downloaded and installed on your PC separately. The OS download is an .exe file. Download it from your carrier's site to your PC desktop. Double-click the .exe and the OS will be installed. Keep the .exe file so you don't have to download it if you need it to reinstall the OS.

A backup only backs up personal information databases and settings. It does not back up the OS on the device. You cannot install or change an OS by reloading a backup.
    04-04-12 09:33 PM
    Jeff can I have 2 different os's on the pc at the same time? say like my wife and I have different phones and we are keeping them backed up on the same machine and we use different os's on our phone?
    04-05-12 10:10 AM
    Jeff can I have 2 different os's on the pc at the same time? say like my wife and I have different phones and we are keeping them backed up on the same machine and we use different os's on our phone?
    If you and your wife have different model phones, you can keep both operating systems installed. The App Loader won't install an incompatible OS. If you and your wife have the same model phones, the App Loader will attempt to install the latest installed OS version on both phones.
    04-05-12 10:20 AM
    Thanks Jeff I feel much more able to deal with a problem if the need arises. Like my dad always said " a good understanding saves a misunderstanding down the road"
    04-05-12 06:07 PM
    i have os 6 and the latest dm . recently when i tried to upload a new os i saw there was no app loader in my pc. if u could guide me how to install it witout app laoder n when i download os 6.0723 , where do i find it?
    01-03-13 10:55 AM
    I have BB OS 7 on my system but BBSAK is not recognizing it to load it, I have already used BBSAK to wipe my BB clean. I use Curve 8520. Please help.
    03-08-13 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD