I know I may have a bit of a problem with my laptop loading the RIM desktop manager (shows an error pop-up 4 times in a row about mid install) then at restart, I lose the lower right icons in my screen. Start-up hangs quite a bit so I'll call this a "corrupt" install. ( I just reset to earlier day and all is well)....just can't get the install to work on xp laptop...

Any other desktop manager that works well??

.....help!.....
    07-25-09 01:18 PM
    A rock always sinks good for me....
    07-25-09 01:20 PM
    A big iceberg could probably do it...
    07-25-09 01:22 PM
    You could always tie a brick to it.
    07-25-09 01:27 PM
    or a sinker.
    07-25-09 01:27 PM
    lol guys. To the OP it's syncing.

You can try Desktop Manager 4.6 off the blackberry.com website. I recommend the version without Media Manager. Many people have had difficulty installing DM 5.0 especially from the included CD. Make sure you remove the 5.0 installation using Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs first.
    07-25-09 01:34 PM
    Wish I could take that back....
    Any way....with the 4.5 version, Am I able to transfer files back and forth to the device (docs., pics...other stuff) using something other than media manager?
    07-25-09 01:58 PM
    Use Mass Storage Mode and just drag and drop your files between your memory card and the computer.
    07-25-09 02:09 PM
    I was thinking a break but I was already beat to it.

Anyways...

If I don't have the media sync started I can't get my phone into mass storage mode, am I missing something?
    07-25-09 03:18 PM

If I don't have the media sync started I can't get my phone into mass storage mode, am I missing something?
    Do you have MSM enabled under Options > Memory? Also set Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected to Prompt or On.
    07-25-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD