I'm in the process of setting up my new W10 computer with Office Home and Business 2016.

Outlook 2016 is up and running. Contacts and calendar are fully populated.

BBLink 1.2.4.39 is installed and running.

My Q10 connects and is recognised. I've been able to backup the Q10 to the computer. But when it comes to Synchronising, under Settings, Microsft Outlook is not offerd as an account. Only Windows contacts.

Any suggestions as to why the Outlook option is not available on the BBLink Account setting?

So near but yet......
    09-05-18 02:57 PM
    In the past Outlook 2016 wasn't supported by LINK....

I moved all my accounts from old POP email to accounts that do two-way sync... that way LINK isn't necessary.
    09-05-18 03:54 PM
    Thanks for your reply, DDD. Of course I was hoping for better news!

A couple of follow-up questions

Are you aware of any free or commercial programmes which will satisfactorily/reliably take BBLink's place in synching between the Q10 and Outlook 2016 on W10?

What sort of e-mail accounts do faciliate synching and how do they do that - usb link or via the web?
    09-06-18 11:41 AM
    Thanks for your reply, DDD. Of course I was hoping for better news!

A couple of follow-up questions

Are you aware of any free or commercial programmes which will satisfactorily/reliably take BBLink's place in synching between the Q10 and Outlook 2016 on W10?

What sort of e-mail accounts do faciliate synching and how do they do that - usb link or via the web?
    Don't know of any other desktop syncing for BB10 to Outlook Desktop...

I have a Google Account and a Outlook.com account that both do cloud 2-Way Syncing. Changes on my phone show up on my tablet and desktop and vice versa.

If you need more options, Microsoft has paid options for office365 with email. Can even move over your own domain (if you have one).

What I did... when I made the move. Did a backup with desktop outlook of the old email account. Created a new profile and added the new Outlook.com email account to it, and then restored the info to that new profile. This brought over all my contacts, calendar and emails...
    09-06-18 02:06 PM
    Thanks for your help DDD. I was hoping to continue in peace with my Q10 for a few years longer but I may have to rethink that strategy......
    09-07-18 11:16 AM
    Thanks for your help DDD. I was hoping to continue in peace with my Q10 for a few years longer but I may have to rethink that strategy......
    Outlook.com works fine with BB10....

I had to find a solution early on, as LINK didn't work at launch (big screw up on BB part).

It's more about updating your email provider, than your phone. That said, upgrading your hardware isn't a bad idea either.
    09-07-18 01:06 PM
    My preferred sync is definitely by usb. I really am pushing back against the trend to move everything onto or at least via the cloud. I would like to keep as much as possible local.

Perhaps I'm fighting a losing battle and the switch to W10 has confirmed how we are being cajoled, nudged, pushed and generally "coerced" towards the cloud and subscription services. Am I getting a bit paranoid about data security? Maybe.

And perhaps I'm making things more difficult than they need be. And then again maybe I'm just getting grumpier and more resistant to being pushed around by the tools and software which we all have become dependant on to varying degrees.....
    09-07-18 03:39 PM