Hello,

I am having the "Computer has to be connected to Internet" problem in trying to set up syncing for first time that has been going on for years. I see this issue all over these boards as well as Blackberry and others. The first response is always referring to the vague and uninformative KB16471 article or anything from a simple tweak to long drawn out affair in DOS mode. Those posts are usually followed by several others having the same problem then the thread stops with no resolution. I have turned off firewalls, antivirus etc,removed the 4.7 and installed the 6.1 removed that and installed the 5.0, all were removed with Revo uninstaller deep removal to remove old registry and file remnants followed by manual deletion of RIM entries in registry, Program files, and Application Data, verified BDM permission in firewall, looked for registry tweaks found in some responses to no avail,plugged in phone via back panel USB, ran Wireshark and Currports and not finding BDM trying to use 80 and 443, ran Spybot, MalwareBytes, Avast, and HijackThis, cleared SSL state and on and on. I am at my wits end and see no solution being offered. The problem obviously doesn't affect every one but there are enough of us with the problem that it seems Blackberry would make an effort to fix this and officially address it in a version upgrade. I don't mean to come across as negative or condescending but I have fair computing skills and have been installing software since the mid 80s but this has me whipped. I would appreciate some insight as this is about to be a deal breaker.

Thanks for your support.

Windows XP Pro SP3
    Outlook 2002
    Blackberry 9650 OS 6
    Alltel Service
    DM 4.7, 5.0, 6.1
    08-10-11 10:55 AM
    You are attempting to use the oldest version of Windows and the oldest version of Outlook that is currently supported. It's supposed to work, but since it doesn't, you may need to consider upgrading your Windows and Outlook.
    08-10-11 11:20 AM
    Thanks for the response Jeff. You may be right. However that does not explain the many others who have more current software.
    08-10-11 12:01 PM
    I have no issues with sync running Windows 7 Professional SP1, Outlook 2010, and DM 6.1.
    08-10-11 12:06 PM
    Thanks lak for your response. I too have another system in my office (not on the problem home set up) that works flawlessly. As I mentioned there are many who don't have the problem.
    08-10-11 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD