I need to restore the address book from a blackberry 8700 to a blackberry 8310, it is greyed out and desktop manager says "Databases that are unavailable in the list have been configured for wireless synchronization or wireless backup and are readonly". Both devices are setup on BIS not BES, somepeople seem to suggest deleting the desktop sync service but this does not exist.

How can I get around this problem?

Thanks
    11-25-09 01:42 AM
    Same problem here... did you get it resolved?
    03-30-10 08:16 AM
    Hey guys -

I encountered this problem myself, while attempting to update my OS. Luckily, with a little bit of investigating, I found a solution that hopefully works for you as well -

1. Open Address Book on Blackberry
    2. Click the menu button and select "Options"
    3. Under "Contact Lists" will hopefully be one of your e-mail accounts you have configured with your Blackberry - click on it
    4. Turn "Wireless Synchronization" to "No"
    5. Go back into DM and hopefully the "Address Book" will no longer be greyed out and can be transferred onto the device!

Let me know if this helped!
    John.P likes this.
    03-30-10 02:22 PM
    Thanks! It worked like a charm - appreciate the help!
    04-03-10 10:16 PM
    Hi there...please help!

I have the exact same problem, BUT i don't have that service book - nothing with SYNC in the title. Also, there is not wireless synchronization option (listed in other posts).

I'm on BIS, if that matters. I'd really appreciate some advice here!!
    05-30-10 06:21 PM
    Thank you so much for this info. I was searching high and low and finally found the answer to transferring contacts between BBs here!
    07-31-10 02:11 AM
    Hey guys -

I encountered this problem myself, while attempting to update my OS. Luckily, with a little bit of investigating, I found a solution that hopefully works for you as well -

1. Open Address Book on Blackberry
    2. Click the menu button and select "Options"
    3. Under "Contact Lists" will hopefully be one of your e-mail accounts you have configured with your Blackberry - click on it
    4. Turn "Wireless Synchronization" to "No"
    5. Go back into DM and hopefully the "Address Book" will no longer be greyed out and can be transferred onto the device!

Let me know if this helped!
    Old thread but THANKS! fixed my issue
    05-25-11 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD