Hi,

I recently installed 'desktop manager' and clicked to back-up my address book. But now my whole address book on my device has been wiped!! And, I don't know how to get it back!! I have tried 'restoring' but nothing happens. Does anybody know what could have happened? I'm really worried all my contacts have disappeared.
    05-24-10 10:05 AM
    When you made the backup, did you get a dialog box that acknowledged the backup was completed successfully? If so, you'll have an ipd file saved on your PC that will include your Address Book. There is no way that making a backup wiped your Address Book. What else happened at around the same time?
    05-24-10 10:33 AM
    Desktop Manager asked if I should Sync the PC and the phone and I clicked 'yes'. Could this have wiped the BB's contents?! If so, is there a way to get it back?
    05-24-10 10:37 AM
    Syncing should not have wiped out your Address Book. Did you find the ipd file that was created when you backed up? If you successfully backed up before you synced, you can restore from the backup.
    05-24-10 10:45 AM
    I think (crazily) I synched before backing up! So, perhaps synching wiped my phone, which is why when I back-up there is nothing to back-up! Do you think that is possible? If so, is there ANY way at all to get it back?

Alex
    05-24-10 10:50 AM
    I've never tried it (for obvious reasons) but it might be possible to wipe your address book by syncing one way, PC to BlackBerry, with an empty PC Address Book. Are you using Outlook on your PC? Did you have contacts there before the sync?

If you go to Options / Status on your BlackBerry, then press Menu and select Database sizes, does it show a non-zero number of entries in your Address Book? If the value is greater than zero, your contacts are still there and you've just inadvertently filtered them. If zero, they are truly gone.
    05-24-10 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD