Hi guys,

Anyway to add more than the standard 6 icons on the home page/desktop with the Curve 8520?

It's a right pain to press the button and 6 icons aren't enough (I don't like leaving apps open).

Thanks,

Laurence
    Last edited by LaurenceGough; 04-29-10 at 03:12 PM.
    04-29-10 02:42 PM
    Look in the 8520 themes, and find one with more than 6. The one I use (Drew 11) has 7. I have also seen one for 12 items with a scrolling dock. The set up is all theme based.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/
    04-29-10 03:28 PM
    Thanks for the reply, I'm looking through all the options.

Although I am a fan of the super speedy standard theme which has no problems other than the limited number of icons.

Is there a app or a "plugin" just so I can change the number of options on the standard theme's desktop? Or a "dock addon"?

Cheers,

Laurence
    04-30-10 04:34 PM
    No, you need another theme. You might be able to find one just like the standard one with just more icons though.

I don't see why it's a pain to press a button that's right next to the trackpad which you need to use to, navigate to, then select that app though.
    04-30-10 05:21 PM
    I guess I will just have to live with the standard theme which I love other than the Icons. I guess it's not that hard to press the button but when you do it a load of times a day it adds up! Just don't understand why it is not an option under settings or themes etc as standard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 05:58 PM
    I guess I will just have to live with the standard theme which I love other than the Icons. I guess it's not that hard to press the button but when you do it a load of times a day it adds up! Just don't understand why it is not an option under settings or themes etc as standard.

Do as I did, download Theme Builder and change just that detail. It is easy, you'll get the hang of it in less than a week.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-01-10 at 01:40 PM.
    04-30-10 10:05 PM
    Do as I did, download Theme Builder and change just that detail. It is easy, you'll get the hand of it in less than a week.
    I'll look into doing that, sounds perfect. Thank you.
    05-01-10 01:35 PM
    Do as I did, download Theme Builder and change just that detail. It is easy, you'll get the hang of it in less than a week.
    Bit of a late reply, but I did just that about half an hour ago. Why didn't I do this when you said! Totally forgot about it.

Worked perfect, and so easy! RIM did a great job on this BlackBerry theme software, it's like child's play!

It can be found here for anyone viewing this thread:

BlackBerry - Development Tools & Downloads

I love my BlackBerry a lot more now!

Thanks,

Laurence
    05-11-10 10:01 PM
    Use blackberry theme studio v5.0, you can add more than 6 icons you want and customize all themes, it"s very easy to use! You can search the mediafire link of this soft in the internet!

05-11-10 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD