Is there a way I can plug my phone into my laptop and access the folders on it so that I can get the photos/videos off WITHOUT using the BB Desktop Manager? Of course it doesnt show up under the My Computer folder when you plug it in, I was hoping there was a way around that.

(FWIW, Desktop Manager no longer works on my laptop despite reinstalling, uninstalling, repairing, etc. I dont need to sync anything. I just need to get a lot of photos off.)
    Last edited by krisann; 04-09-11 at 09:52 AM.
    04-09-11 09:26 AM
    Put the Media Card in a Card Reader and insert that into the computer and read the files that way.
    04-09-11 09:50 AM
    turn on mass storage options for your phones memory card through the options menu. when you plug your phone into the computer through the usb cable a screen asking you if you want to enable mass storage mode should appear on your phone. click yes on your phone. then on your computer a box should appear asking what you wanna do with this connected device showing you different options. click on open folder to view files. you will then be in your blackberry memory card free to cut paste or copy anything you want from any of the folders to your computer. hope this helps!
    04-09-11 06:32 PM
    Kaotik7D, the OP indicated that the device doesn't show up.
    04-09-11 10:27 PM
    Kaotik7D, the OP indicated that the device doesn't show up.
    ahh.. i guess i got ahead of myself and didnt read that (or selectively read the rest). yeah maybe install the latest blackberry device driver then? or go into control panel/system/device manager and uninstall everything listed under the universal serial bus controllers drop down menu and then hit the button on the top right side (scan for hardware changes) to reinstall all the usb controllers. then plug the blackberry back into the computer to have it do a fresh driver install for the phone?
    04-10-11 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD