My Blackberry 9800 will no longer connect to the Desktop manager software using Bluetooth or the USB cable. All of this functionality worked previously, but has now stopped working. I have tried to connect on three different computers, all running Windows 7.

Here are some details:
    BB OS: v 6.0.0.246 Platform 6.4.0.105
    Desktop Manager: 6.0.1.18
    Windows 7

When I connect the 9800 via Bluetooth or USB a brief message appears on the device screen, "Connected to desktop" and then goes away. Desktop Manager displays a message that says "Blackberry Desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device."

I opened Windows Explorer and can see two drives, one for the device and one for the memory card. I can open the drives and view various files (photos, videos, etc.)

To further test the problem, I pulled out my old BB 8820, charged the battery, and connected it to the computer. Desktop manager detected the device and properly synced the calendar entries without any problems.

At this point, I can't help but believe that there is a hardware problem with the 9800 since the older 8820 works without any problems. Does anyone know if the 9800s are having similar problems?

Any help will be appreciated. BTW, I have already followed the suggestions on several of the KBs from Blackberry support.
    03-20-11 05:25 PM
    When I try to open my DM I now receive the following message-
    "Rim handheld communications manager has stopped working"
    "Windows will now close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
    NOTE-Windows does not notify me of any solution.
    I have deleted DM and downloaded twice and still receive the same message.

IS THERE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP FROM ANYONE???
    04-06-11 02:15 PM
    I have the same problem with my BlackBerry 9800(torch)
    12-23-11 08:34 PM
    Me too, with my 9810 - just stopped connecting one day and I just cannot get it to reconnect (to DTM) no matter what I do - and I yhink I've tried every remedy to be found on Google, etc. VERY frustrating as I really need to synchronise my diary and contacts.
    04-21-13 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD