When i use to plug my 9700 in dm i used be able to delete games languages etc....now when i plug in the 9780 the only option i have is to delete 3rd party apps any other apps like languages,games etc i have to delete from the phone....is this specific to os 6 or 9780????
    01-19-11 01:09 PM
    Are you using Desktop Manager for Mac or Windows? I know for the Mac variant, it's not the same as the Windows variant. On Windows, you're suppose to be able to delete anything the OS contains, so that's languages, games any preloaded software where as the Mac version, you're only subjected to remove items that are currently on your device.

But if you're using Windows, like I said above, you're suppose to be able to delete all those things you mentioned.
    01-19-11 02:04 PM
    Yeah im using a windows based pc and the only optiion it gives me is only 3rd party apps like poynt etc....i thought it was my phone so i grabbed my coworkers 9780 and ther same result...but when i plug in my 9700 all the options are back.....(im stumped)
    01-19-11 02:42 PM
    I'd do a reinstall of the 9780 OS and make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager and go from there. Never seen or heard about your problem before.
    01-19-11 03:24 PM
    I'd do a reinstall of the 9780 OS...
    Not good advice

Carullo, this is a common problem with DM6 and is easily overcome...

Just close Desktop Manager, switch off your PC internet connection, reopen DM, wait for it to connect to your phone then click on Applications again.

This time you should have a full list of core modules/languages etc, and your applications to choose from.

I've no idea why this happens, but the above seems to work for me
    carullo likes this.
    01-19-11 04:03 PM
    Well it worked.....dont understand it but it worked

thanx
    01-19-11 08:24 PM
    Not good advice

Carullo, this is a common problem with DM6 and is easily overcome...

Just close Desktop Manager, switch off your PC internet connection, reopen DM, wait for it to connect to your phone then click on Applications again.

This time you should have a full list of core modules/languages etc, and your applications to choose from.

I've no idea why this happens, but the above seems to work for me
    I didn't mean on his BlackBerry, I meant on his computer. But forget that idea since you've already solved the problem!
    01-19-11 09:02 PM
    I didn't mean on his BlackBerry, I meant on his computer. But forget that idea since you've already solved the problem!
    Sorry about that, I assumed you meant reload the OS on his berry... my bad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 12:24 AM
    I have the same problem but unplugging from the internet didn't work for me. If there are anymore ideas out please let me know. I have tried all different versions of DM all the way up to the most current. Is this a problem with OS6?
    01-21-11 10:43 AM
    If you are using dm disc that came with your 9780 you need to update it To 6.01 when I used the dm that came with my device it recognized it as an unknown device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 10:22 PM
    I have read many post in this forum and it doesnt seem like anyone is having the same problem but before i try to return the phone because of this issue i would like to know if others can see the core applications under DM on their 9780.
    01-31-11 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD