I downloaded Desktop Manager 6.0, because my Storm2 9550 hasn't been able to connect to any other Desktop Manager version?

I started the installation, and it comes to the part where it needs to install Windows .net Framework 3.5 S1, but the Microsoft server must be down and the download fails everytime, I even googled it and tried to download off the site but it says "Safari cannot connect to server"..

Can anyone hook me up with the .net Framework 3.5 S1?

Or help me figure out why it won't connect to any other version?

Running Windows Vista Home Premium - Desktop Manager 5.0, I made sure that the connection type is USB, and I've tried several different ports.
    08-23-10 08:32 PM
    DM 6 is crap. Dump it and stay with DM 5.x
    08-23-10 08:45 PM
    Believe me I would, but I can't get my phone to connect???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 08:47 PM
    Desktop Software 6 is not crap. The problem that most people have is because their computer registry is full of crap. Clean up the registry with something like Registry Mechanic and it works perfectly.

Registry errors are also the likely reason why DM5 isn't working.
    08-23-10 09:45 PM
    Okay i'll try that thanks Krypto.
    08-23-10 09:47 PM
    DM5 is so much better than DM6. They made the media transfer to BB so much harder than DM5. I like the drag & drop better.

08-23-10 09:51 PM
    Registry Mechanic didn't fix it, I plug my phone in, connection type > USB, and it says PIN: None
    08-23-10 09:53 PM
    Don't forget to install the Device Manager for your version of Desktop Manager. I was having problems too until I installed the Device Manager.

BlackBerry Desktop Software
    08-23-10 10:50 PM
    Don't forget to install the Device Manager for your version of Desktop Manager. I was having problems too until I installed the Device Manager.

BlackBerry Desktop Software
    Device Manager?.. I have the Drivers installed for my 9550, all that's in the download link you sent me is different versions of the Desktop Manager...
    08-23-10 10:57 PM
    I used DM 6 1 time to simply install an app and it completely wiped my entire fone. I'll never use it again.
    08-23-10 11:26 PM
    I used DM 6 1 time to simply install an app and it completely wiped my entire fone. I'll never use it again.
    That's ridiculous man, that really sucks!
    08-23-10 11:43 PM
    Device Manager?.. I have the Drivers installed for my 9550, all that's in the download link you sent me is different versions of the Desktop Manager...
    Right, if you click on the version of Desktop Manager you want, it'll forward you to another page with Desktop Manager, and then corresponding Device Managers below.
    08-23-10 11:52 PM
    Gotcha! Thanks man
    08-23-10 11:55 PM
    That was the fix I needed, thank you so much man!
    08-24-10 12:05 AM
    Glad you got it sorted out. As a heads up, unless you have access to a full and registered version of Registry Mechanic, it might not fix all of the errors in your registry. But it doesn't matter now. All I know is that DM6 works very well on my Win7 laptop and has since I started testing it (which was before the beta version). And given that it syncs with Outlook 2010 32-bit, I'd much rather use it. Now then, I never use the application loader in DM6. Don't use it period. If needed, I use the actual application loader. And when it comes to putting music on the phone, I just drag and drop via Windows Explorer, so... DM only ever gets used to backup/restore and to sync when needed.

08-24-10 01:37 AM
    I haven't had any problems with DM 6 on my Win 7 laptop either. In fact, I was able to sync my music with it for the first time EVER! Never could get DM 5 to work right and it would just crash during file transfers!
    08-24-10 02:00 AM
    What is the advantage to DM 6? Just wondering. I never had any problems with DM 5. What is music syncing? I've always just clicked and dragged all my files onto the sd card. So I'm wondering what the advantages to DM 6 and media sync are.
    08-24-10 05:31 AM
    Okay thanks again for the tips Krypto, I also have TuneUp Utilities and that has a registry cleaner so I used that as well as the RM. Thanks for helping me get this cleared up, and thanks for the tips about the application loader.

Cheers mate.
    08-24-10 07:05 AM
    The only thing I don't like about DM is that every time I plug the phone in, it tells me there is an update to Blackberry Core Applications and I know there isn't. I can run the upgrade, and when the phone reboots, it will again tell me there are updates available...for the same core apps. Ugh.
    08-24-10 10:50 AM
    The only thing I don't like about DM is that every time I plug the phone in, it tells me there is an update to Blackberry Core Applications and I know there isn't. I can run the upgrade, and when the phone reboots, it will again tell me there are updates available...for the same core apps. Ugh.
    Yeah, that glitch sucks. I don't know why they can't fix that.
    08-24-10 10:54 AM
    What is the advantage to DM 6? Just wondering. I never had any problems with DM 5. What is music syncing? I've always just clicked and dragged all my files onto the sd card. So I'm wondering what the advantages to DM 6 and media sync are.
    No advantages. It just makes everything complicated.
    1. The media is auto sync to Itune. Problem with the itune is that most of your music files will not be transfer because incompatible. To fix it, you'll have to changes to Windows Media to drag and drop your tracks manually like the old one.
    2. When you transfer a movie file using DM6 it pretty fast. The problem once you transfer the movies to your BB, it has audio delay between 3-5 second.

Its not worth upgrading to DM 6.

08-24-10 12:36 PM
    I did a little looking and here is what it is trying to update in this snap I took. I think that it is looking for the OS 6.0 files for the phone that we don't have.. so somehow we got some files in the wrong place from BB. Also each time it goes through a complete re-boot, and kills my Google Mobile App.. wonder if Verizon is causing that..
    08-24-10 12:54 PM

Yeah, that glitch sucks. I don't know why they can't fix that.
    a i'm not the only one with that problem. is there already a solution for it??
    08-24-10 12:55 PM
    I can't get an application to sync the data from the desktop version since upgrading to DM6. I use Ascendo Datavault. It used to sync updates between the BB and the Desktop versions. Can't figure out how to configure that with DM6. Any ideas?
    08-24-10 01:44 PM
    I can't get an application to sync the data from the desktop version since upgrading to DM6. I use Ascendo Datavault. It used to sync updates between the BB and the Desktop versions. Can't figure out how to configure that with DM6. Any ideas?
    This application likely needs to be updated to work with DM6. Contact the developer.
    08-24-10 01:50 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD