Has anyone recently backed up their S2 with DM? I have been reluctant to do this as when the S2 first came out, the DM put a blank IT policy on my device. I like it out of the box with no IT policy and it was a PITA to get it back to that state after the last time I tried DM. However, as I just received a replacement S2 from VZW due to screen issues, it's a bit of a pain reconnecting all my contacts to their Facebook accounts, etc.

Thanks for the advice.

Feel free to BBM or email me.
    03-31-10 10:17 PM
    I backed mine up about a week ago..but i did it via wireless using bluetooth . It only backed up the phone book and calendar and I have not had any issue with it. I also back it up OTA to a 3rd party site also (miqlive.com)...this site does a good job for the most part only issue is trying to restore calendar (hence using desktop manager) so i just disable backing that up can't complain for a free service with 1gb of storage... I hope this helps
    03-31-10 10:52 PM
    Has anyone recently backed up their S2 with DM? I have been reluctant to do this as when the S2 first came out, the DM put a blank IT policy on my device. I like it out of the box with no IT policy and it was a PITA to get it back to that state after the last time I tried DM. However, as I just received a replacement S2 from VZW due to screen issues, it's a bit of a pain reconnecting all my contacts to their Facebook accounts, etc.

Thanks for the advice.

Feel free to BBM or email me.
    I try to back mine up on a regular basis, usually once every couple weeks.

I've never experienced a problem with full backups, even when I had my Storm1.

Not sure why you ended up with a "blank IT policy" on your device. Seems very strange to me, especially if you're on a BIS plan/server.

Also, there should be no issues with reconnecting your Facebook contacts with the contacts database on the Storm, as long you have the option enabled within the Facebook app. Use caution when it concerns the calendar however, as it is my meager opinion that FB has never truly sorted out the issues there.
    03-31-10 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD