So I am here trying to restore my contact list after some got lost after yesterdays upgrade to the new os.

How do I do this?

I am trying to restore it from a backup from a few days ago. I get this grayed out options for my contact list though.

Why cant i restore it?

What is the proper way to backup my contacts?

Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.01
    Also when I go into my contact list options it says Contact lists: it has my email, click that and it says "wireless sync, yes no" what is this?
    Last edited by theunknownone; 03-23-10 at 09:26 AM.
    03-23-10 09:10 AM
    Is your BlackBerry activated on a BES? If so, the greyed out means that function is setup to sync wirelessly and is not included in a backup of the device.

This is by design.
    03-23-10 09:35 AM
    You can also try to go into your address book's options menu on the device and set the wireless sync to No. That will make the Address Book database not grayed out for the device's address book database but I am not completely sure that will help make the back up address book available to restore.

Something to try though
    03-23-10 09:37 AM
    Is your BlackBerry activated on a BES? If so, the greyed out means that function is setup to sync wirelessly and is not included in a backup of the device.

This is by design.
    No, this is just personal. Not BES.

You can also try to go into your address book's options menu on the device and set the wireless sync to No. That will make the Address Book database not grayed out for the device's address book database but I am not completely sure that will help make the back up address book available to restore.

Something to try though
    That's what someone else told me to do.

Luckily I had a list saved on my computer and just re entered stuff in.
    03-23-10 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD